Dr. S V Venkatesh
||Prof. and Head
Awards / Achievement
- College topper in First year diploma Civil, Board of Technical
- College topper in III sem BE Civil, University examination.
- First position in National level technical paper presentation contest (Stapana 2007), VNR Vignana jyothi Institute of Engineering & Technology. Hyderabad.
- Co-Chair for two technical sessions in International conference on Advances in Civil Engineering (ACE - 2011) held at KL University, Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation, Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, INDIA.
- Winners of leather ball Staff Cricket tournament conducted by BHS First Grade College.
- Winners of tennis ball Staff Cricket tournament conducted by RV College of Engineering.
- Runners up tennis ball Staff Cricket tournament conducted by HKBK College of Engineering Sponsored by VTU.
- Co-Chair for technical sessions at REDECON 2016 International conference on Tall Structures – Evolution and innovation, November 9 - 12 2016, ACCE (India), Bengaluru Chapter, at Nimhans Conventional center, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- External Expert (Civil Engineering) of the Works Advisory Committee, ISI, Bangalore Centre, for the term of the council 2016-2018.
- Invited as a subject expert in staff selection committee held on 31-01-2017 at SJCIT, Chikkaballapur.
- The Indian society for Technical Education (ISTE) – No. 92326
- The Institution of Engineering and Technology (IET) – No. 1100315434
- Indian Concrete Institute (ICI) – No. 10230
- Association of Consulting Civil Engineers (India) (ACCE)(I) – No. 4399-L
- The Institution of Civil Engineers (India) (ICE)(I) – No. 30378
- Project Done:
B.E : Analysis and Design of Multistoried Building Using Staad III
- M.E : Rehabilitation of Brick Masonry Wall Using Ferro Cement.
- Ph.D Thesis : Seismic response of buildings designed for gravity loading and upgraded with lateral load resistant structural features – analytical study.
- Core committee member of Community development program for I year students.
- Head, Department of Civil Engineering, PESIT, Bangalore.
- In-charge Head, Department of Civil Engineering, PESIT, Bangalore.
- Anchor teacher for engineering mechanics.
- Faculty in-charge for Material Testing Laboratory.
- Time-table officer
- Coordinator for VTU Examination
- Coordinator: One-day Workshop on ‘Social Sensitization of Technology’.
- Process coordinator.
- Member of Community Development Program.
- Chairperson – Class committee for III sem (Autonomous Scheme)
- In-charge of VTU EDUSAT program.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Reinforced Cement Concrete
- Strength of Materials / Mechanics of Materials
- Estimating and Costing
- Elements of Civil Engineering
- Engineering Mechanics - 2D & 3D
- Engineering Graphics
- Material testing laboratory
- Fluid mechanics and machines laboratory
- CAD Laboratory
- Detailing of RC Structural Elements
- Detailing of Steel Structures
- Building planning and drawing
- Deepa S, Venkatesh S. V, I.R.Mithanthaya – “A study on the behaviour of 15 storey 2x3 bays with & without external shear wall” - REDECON 2016 International conference on Tall Structures – Evolution and innovation, November 9 – 12, 2016, conducted by ACCE (India), Bengaluru Chapter, at Nimhans Conventional center, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India.
- Venkatesh S. V. et al – “Use of alternate materials for partial replacement of cement for mortar and concrete applications” - 1st International conference on construction, real estate, infrastructure and project (CRIP) Management 21 - 22 October, 2016, NICMAR, Pune, India.
- S.V.Venkatesh, M.R. Apoorva and G. Narayana – “Response of 4 x 4 bays, 15 storey RC building frames with and without external steel bracings and internal steel bracings”. Concrete Solutions 5th International Conference on Concrete Repair,1-3 September 2014, Queen’s university, Belfast, UK.
- D. Vidyashree and S.V.Venkatesh – “Seismic Evaluation of Shear Wall and Masonry Infill for a 12 Storey RC Building Frame”. International conference on Civil Engineering ICCE – 2014, VVIT, Bangalore.
- S.V.Venkatesh, M.R. Apoorva and G. Narayana – “Behavior of 15 Storey RC Building Frame with and without Steel Bracings and Masonry Infill at Different Locations for Various Bay Conditions Subjected to Earthquake (Lateral) Load”. International conference on Civil Engineering ICCE – 2014, VVIT, Bangalore.
- Venkatesh S.V., H. Sharada Bai, Divya S.P. – “Effect of Different Lateral Load Resisting Systems on 2 X 7 Bays Building Frame Subjected to Lateral (Seismic) Load”. 1st International Conference on Infrastructure Management, Assessment and Rehabilitation Techniques ICIMART’14, American University of Sharjah, Sharjah, UAE.
- Venkatesh S.V., H. Sharada Bai, Divya S.P. – “Response of a 3-Dimensional 2 X 3 Bays Ten Storey RC Frame with Steel Bracings as Lateral Load Resisting Systems Subjected To Seismic Load". International Conference on Innovations in Civil Engineering 2013 (ICICE 2013), SCMS school of Engineering and Technology, Vidyanagar, Palissery, Karukutty- 683582, Ernakulam, Kerala, India.
- S.V. Venkatesh, H. Sharada Bai and Ramya – “Seismic behaviour of a ten storey frame with external shear wall as lateral load resisting system”. UKIERI Concrete Congress Innovation in Concrete construction Jalandhar, Punjab, India 2013.
- Venkatesh S.V., H. Sharada Bai, Divya S.P. – “Behaviour of shear wall as lateral load resisting systems for 3-dimensional building frame subjected to seismic load”. The 3rd International Engineering Symposium (IES – 2013), Kusunoki Hall, Kumamoto University, Japan.
- S.V. Venkatesh, H. Sharada Bai, S.P. Divya – "Analytical study on behavior of External shear wall and Internal shear wall as lateral load resisting systems for retrofitting a ten storey building frame". The ‘Third International Conference on Concrete Repair, Rehabilitation and Retroffiting’ (ICCRRR 2012) University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- Venkatesh S.V, Dr. Sharada Bai H, Divya S.P – “Seismic Analysis of 3-D Building Frame with Masonry Infill and Steel Bracings as Lateral Load Resisting Systems”, The 5th International Multi-Conference on “Engineering and Technological Innovation” (IMETI 2012)’, Orlando, Florida, USA.
- S. V. Venkatesh, H.Sharada Bai, R.Rajeshwari – “Effect of Shear wall and Steel bracing as lateral load resisting system on a ten storey building”, The Fourth International Conference on Structural Engineering, Mechanics and Computation (SEMC 2010), University of Cape Town, Cape Town, South Africa.
- S. V. Venkatesh – “Strength Characteristics of Brick Masonry Wall before and after Encasing with Ferrocement.” - 8th INTERNATIONAL MASONRY CONFERENCE – Innovative solutions for sustainable masonry constructions, Technical University Dresden, Germany 2010.
- S. V. Venkatesh – “Strength Characteristics of Flemish Bond Brick Masonry Wall Encased with Ferro Cement” - International conference on Social Sciences & Humanities (ICoSSH 2008), Universiti Sains Malaysia, Penang, Malaysia.
- Venkatesh S.V, Dr. Sharada Bai H, Savitha B.A – “Structural Behaviour Of Lateral Load Resisting Systems With Shear Walls” - International conference on Recent Development in Structural Engineering (RDSE-2007) Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal, India.
- S. V .Venkatesh, Dr. Veerappa Reddy – “Strength Characteristics of English Bond Brick Masonry Wall Encased with Ferro Cement” - International Conference on Recent Development in Structural Engineering (RDSE-2007) Manipal Institute of Technology Manipal, India.
- Deepa S, Venkatesh S. V, I.R.Mithanthaya “A COMPARITIVE STUDY OF 15 STOREYS 2 X 3 BAYS WITH AND WITHOUT STEPPED SHEAR WALL” National Conference : Civil Engineering Conference – Innovation for Sustainability (CEC – 2016), National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
- D. Vidyashree, S.V.Venkatesh, G. Narayana – “Evaluation of Shear Wall and Masonry Infill as Lateral Load Resisting System for a 12 Storey RC Building Frame” First Annual Conference on Innovations and Developments in Civil Engineering (ACIDIC-2014), NITK, Surathkal, India.
- Venkatesh S. V, Dr. H. Sharada Bai, Divya S. P. – “Behaviour of 3-Dimensional Building Frames with Steel Bracings as Lateral Load Resisting Systems subjected to Seismic Load" National Conference on Thrust Areas in Engineering (NCTAE-2012), Civil Engineering Department, Global Academy of Technology, Bangalore.
- Venkatesh, S. V, Dr. H. Sharada Bai, C. Navanitha – “Performance of RC frame with and without shear wall subjected to earthquake load” Civil Engineering Conference – Innovation without limits (CEC-2009), National Institute of Technology, Hamirpur, Himachal Pradesh.
- Savitha B. A, Venkatesh, S. V, Dr. Sharada Bai H – “Performance of frames with shear walls for seismic loads in low and medium rise buildings” - National conference on Earthquake Engineering (NCEE 2007), Thiagarajar College of Engineering, Madurai.
- S. V. Venkatesh – “Rehabilitation of brick masonry wall using ferrocement” – National level technical paper presentation contest (Stapana 2007), VNR Vignana jyothi institute of Engineering & Technology. Hyderabad.
- Venkatesh S.V. et al – “Setting and strength characteristics of Cement Mortar with Microfines” – I-manager’s Journal on Structural Engineering (Print ISSN-2278-7887, E-ISSN-2320-2343), Volume No. 4, Issue No. 1, March – May 2015 Issue.
- Evaluation of Gram Panchayath for Nirmal Gram Puraskar under Karnataka Rural Water Supply and Sanitary Agency.
- Training program on Rain Water Harvesting in Government School - Suvarna Jala for Rural Development and Panchayath Raj Department, Government of Karnataka
- Concrete cube testing.
- Planning, Design and detailing of residential building.
- Consultancy for CADD Center, Chamarajpet and EDS Technologies.