Mr. Vishwas J S
Greetings! I am a professor in Transportation Engineering at PES University. Graduated at Jawaharlal Nehru National College of Engineering, Shimoga, Karnataka,India in Masters Program. With my students, I do research to enhance safety and mobility of our nation's roadways. Welcome to my website and I hope you find our work exciting! For Personal Website Click the Link below https://sites.google.com/view/jsvishwas/home
|Qualification||Institution||Year||B E||AITM, Belagavi||2014||M.Tech||JNNCE, Shimoga||2016||C.Engg||IEI, Bangalore||2018|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Highway Design Engineer||ISEC Bangalore||2015||2015||Assistant Professor||AIT BANGALORE||2016||2017|
Awards / Achievement
- Technical MEMBER FOR TECH STARS ARCADIS SMARTCITY 2030 PROJECTS.
- ACADEMIC REPRESENTATIVE FOR AUTODESK DESIGN ACADEMY.
- ACADEMIC REPRESENTATIVE FOR CIVICS COMMUNITY CLUB.
- TECHNICAL TRANSPORTATION MEMBER FOR Calgary BIM Community
- MENTOR OF CHANGE FOR ATAL INNOVATION MISSION PROJECT. (Government of India) 2019.
- Franchise for Upgrand online Educational Courses for Transportation Sector
- ASSOCIATE MEMBER FOR INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERS INDIA.
- CHARTED ENGINEER FROM IEI INDIA
- MEMBER FOR INTERNATIONAL SOCIETY OF RESEARCH DEVELOPMENT
- MEMBER FOR INSTITUTE OF HIGHWAY ENGINEERS.
- FELLOW MEMBER FOR IRED
- LIFE TIME MEMBER FOR IAENGG.
- MEMBER FOR INTERNATIONAL ECONOMICS DEVELOPMENT AND RESEARCH CENTER
- MEMBER FOR INDIAN ACADEMICIANS AND RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
- Member for International Forum for Rural Transport and Development
- Technical Expert for Railway Operations and Railway Transport for European Commission Agency from 2018 to 2048.
- Consultancy Projects 1. Worked on a Seed Funded Project for Directorate of Urban Land Transport- Government of Karnataka- Rupees 50,000/- DULT, GOK 2..Route Optimization for Economical Validation for KSRTC Airavat Buses in Karnataka (In progress) KSRTC
- Board of Member in Road Safety Audit Hub for World Bank, OLC Campus.
- Placement Coordinator
- Computer Aided Virtual laboratory Incharge
- Department Web Coordinator
- Industrial Visit/Site Visit Incharge
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING (HIGHWAY ENGINEERING)
- TRANSPOARTATION ENGG-II
- TRAFFIC ENGINEERING
- PAVEMENT MATERIALS AND CONSTRUCTION
- PAVEMENT DESIGN
- CONCRETE TECHNOLOGY
- HYDROLOGY AND IRRIGATION
- CONCRETE AND HIGHWAY LABORATORY
- BASIC SURVEYING TECHNIQUES LABORATORY
- STADD LABORATORY.
- HIGHWAY GEOMETRIC DESIGN
- BIG DATA ANALYTICS IN TRANSPORTATION ENGINEERING
- ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT ASSESSMENT FOR TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS
- TRAFFIC FLOW THEORY PARAMETERS,
- APPLICATION OF BIG DATA ANALYTICS IN TRANSPORTATION ENGG
Research projects (current)
- Student Project Details
- 01 Meghana Bhalaki , Mythri T H , Rajeev R Prasad & J S Vishwas Published a Paer on "Viability of Sub-urban Rail Transport System for a selected stretch" International conference on Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering ICME – 2018, Bangalore.
- Published a paper on “Redesign of traffic signal by webseters method at intersection in the city of shimoga” at IJRDT, Volume-7, and Issue-2 (Feb-17) ISSN (O):- 2349-3585 having an Impact factor of 5.6.
- Published paper on “A Surveying Design of Overlay Thickness of Rigid Pavements Using Road Software in IJIRSET, Volume 6, Issue 4, April 2017 ISSN (Print): 2347 6710, having an Impact factor of 6.29.
- Published paper on “Modeling of Roundabout at Selected Four legged Intersection IJARSE, Volume 7, Issue 7, April 2018 ISSN (Print): 2319 – 8354, having an Impact factor of 2.23.
- Published a paper on "DESIGN OF SUB-ARTERIAL URBAN ROAD USING MXROAD SOFTWARE" at International Journal of Engineering and Technology, Volume 05, Issue 5, May 2018 (Print): 2395-0072, havig an Impact factor of 2.6
- Published a Paper on “Estimation of quantity of steel sleepers for railway track on selected stretch “on IJCRT, Volume 7, Issue 2, February 2018.
- Published paper on “Impact of Traffic Flow Characteristics in Multi Lane Highway on Pavement Design in IJARSE, Volume 7, Issue 7, April 2018 ISSN (Print): 2319 – 8354, having an Impact factor of 2.23.
- A Systems Perspective of Cycling and Bike Sharing in Urban Mobility https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=3379739
- 10.Statistical Impact of Vehicle Operating Cost on Pavement Distress Elseveir CIVIL & ENVIRONMENTAL ENGINEERING JOURNAL Vol. 2, No. 12: Mar 5, 2019.
- Design Software Skills Autodesk Civil 3D,Bentley MX Road, Bentley Openroads , Inroads.
- programming language R Studio, Python, C, C++