|Qualification||Institution||Year||PhD||CUHK||2015||M.Tech||University of Mysore||1994||B.E||University of Mysore||1991|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Associate Professor||PES University||2015||2019||Solutions Architect||HCL Technologies||2011||2012||Software Architect||Philips Innovation Campus||2000||2003||Associate Consultant||Siemens Information Systems Ltd||1997||1999||Software Engineer||Tektronix Ltd||1995||1997||Guest faculty||Malnad college of Engineering, Hassan||1991||1992||Senior Software Architect||Philips, H K||2004||2011|
- Project proposals and look for collaborations and funding
- Mentor students for new project proposals and execution
- Support EEE department for project reviews, different processes or admin work on adhoc basis
- Conduct workshops
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Microcontroller and Applications
- Practical ‘C’ programming
- Embedded ‘C’ programming
- Embedded Systems, Robotics and Automation, Simulations, Modelling and Optimization, Software Design and Coding, Sensor networks
Research projects (current)
- E-Yantra Lab setup is in progress to disseminate knowledge on embedded systems and robotics, work on robotic applications, develop robotic platforms and on a long term to identify and work robotic research problems
- Remote Sensing framework: A proposal to prototype a framework with a system architecture that can demonstrate the measurement, collection, aggregation and collection.
- KCTU Project proposed on Modelling, simulation and optimisation of traffic signal controls on roads.
- Venkatarangan, M. J., & Yeung, Y. (2014, March). Modelling and simulation of Railway traffic as a hybrid system. In Systems Conference (SysCon), 2014 8th Annual IEEE (pp. 481-488). IEEE. 10.1109/SysCon.2014.6819300
- Venkatarangan, M. J., & Yeung, Y. (2014, Sept). Modelling and Simulation of two way Railway traffic using extensions to Petri Nets. In Asia Modelling Symposium Conference (AMS2014), IEEE (pp. 97-103). IEEE. DOI 10.1109/AMS.2014.29
- Journal Paper:Venkatarangan, M. J., So, A. M. C & Yam, Y. (Accepted: May 2015). Modelling, simulation and optimisation of train traffic with passenger movement, In International Journal of Simulation, Systems, Science and Technology. Vol 16(4) IEEE.
- Peer reviewed conference papers for IEEE SysCon 2015 and IEEE SysCon 2016.