|Qualification||Institution||Year||B.E||R.V. College of Engineering||1995||M.E||Vishweshwaraya College of Engineering||1998||Ph.D||Dr. M.G.R University, Chennai||2011|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Director R&D, Professor and Head||Kuppam Engineering College||2011||2016||senior lecturer, Assistant Professor, Professor and Head||SJBIT Bangalore||2002||2011|
- MISTE, IEI, ACCS
- Participating in the Academic related activities like framing the syllabus, taking the challenging subjects to both UG and PG students, guiding the students in mini and major projects.
- Conducting the workshops, Seminars, FDP Programs, National and International conferences in the department.
- Building the good Industry Institute partnership in terms of conducting training, industrial visits, research works to students and faculty members.
- Taking up the project work, writing research proposals for funding, Training the students in latest tools of industry with the association of Industries and research labs.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- He is having more than 23 years of teaching experience in academics engineering institutions. The subjects taught are: 1) Control System 2) Soft Computing Techniques 3) Power Quality improvement using Pe Devices 4) Power Electronics 5) Analog Electronic Circuits 6) Generation, Transmission and Distibution 7) Moern Control Theory 8) Digital Signal Processing 9) Signals and Systems 10) Computer Aided Power System Analysis 11) Power Electronics Applications in Renewable Energy and Electric Vehicles 12) FPGA Applications using VerilogTeaching Currently Electromagnetic Theory, and Power Electronic Converter and Technologies for M.tech.
- He had extensively worked on video and image processing algorithms and has developed novel architectures for video encoding with embedded rate control. He is well versed in Matlab, Verilog and Xilinx Virtex–II Pro XUP VP30 FPGAs. His hands-on work in DSP has resulted in numerous publications in national and international journals.He is the Editorial Board Member for Pezzottaite International Journals.
- He has published more than 25 international/ National journals. He was the coordinator of activities in the earlier institute with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) India.
Research projects (current)
- His most current papers are based on power electronics, renewable energy sources especially solar energy, wind energy and an extensive study on harmonic distortions and distribution systems in power systems. Recently he filed a patent on “E-CAR with instant Charging and Reverse operation Technology”.
- He is interacting with many associations and Industries like Emblitz Technologies, pvt Ltd., KPCL, Pragna Micro Designs, Infinity-thoughts pvt Ltd., ABB, BHEL, FELIP, NAL-CSIR, Danfoss Industries Pvt. LTD., CPRI, PRDC, ESCI Hyderabad, EC Cube Bangalore etc., in terms of research, Industrial visits, training, projects, Guest Lectures etc,.
- Dr. Venugopal. N has worked as Director R&D in previous institution and received the grants from AICTE and IEI. He is currently guiding 3 research students in the area of power electronics and renewable energy sources. Guiding two students under JNTUA Andhra Pradesh and one student from V.T.U., Karnataka.
- Dr. Venugopal N had awarded a grant of Rs. 10, 30,000/ from AICTE, as a Project Investigator (Chief Coordinator) for Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) from the year 2013 to 2015. He had received a grant of Rs. 50,000/ for guiding a student research project titled “Wall Climbing Robots”, from Institution of Engineers, India.IEI in the year 2013-2014.
- 1) Development of a Programmable System on Chip (Psoc) based Quadcopter BG Alakananda, N Venugopal 2020 4th International Conference on Trends in Electronics and Informatics … 2) Multi Output Forward-Flyback Switch Mode Power Supply DVN Kaushik Kushalappa Naik 2018 3rd IEEE International Conference on Recent Trends in Electronics … 3) 1kW Home Inverter Using Cascaded Current Fed Push Pull Converter and SPWM Inverter KK Naik, N Venugopal 2018 9th International Conference on Computing, Communication and Networking … 4) Automatic Semantic Segmentation for Change Detection in Remote Sensing Images T Kulkarni, N Venugopal Advances in Machine Learning and Data Science, 337-344
- Automatic semantic segmentation with DeepLab dilated learning network for change detection in remote sensing images N Venugopal Neural Processing Letters, 1-23 2) Sample Selection Based Change Detection with Dilated Network Learning in Remote Sensing Images N Venugopal Sensing and Imaging 20 (1557-2072), 22 3) Performance and stability analysis of series-cascaded, high-gain, interleaved boost converter for photovoltaic applications C Prasanna Kumar, N Venugopal Power Electronics and Drives 3