|Qualification||Institution||Year||B.E||R.V. College of Engineering||M.E||Vishweshwaraya College of Engineering||Ph.D||Dr. M.G.R University, Chennai||2011|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Director R&D, Professor and Head||Kuppam Engineering College||2011||2016||senior lecturer, Assistant Professor, Professor and Head||SJBIT Bangalore||2002||2011|
- Participating in the Academic related activities like framing the syllabus, taking the challenging subjects to both UG and PG students, guiding the students in mini and major projects.
- Conducting the workshops, Seminars, FDP Programs, National and International conferences in the department.
- Building the good Industry Institute partnership in terms of conducting training, industrial visits, research works to students and faculty members.
- Taking up the project work, writing research proposals for funding, Training the students in latest tools of industry with the association of Industries and research labs.
- He had extensively worked on video and image processing algorithms and has developed novel architectures for video encoding with embedded rate control. He is well versed in Matlab, Verilog and Xilinx Virtex–II Pro XUP VP30 FPGAs. His hands-on work in DSP has resulted in numerous publications in national and international journals.He is the Editorial Board Member for Pezzottaite International Journals.
- He has published more than 25 international/ National journals. He was the coordinator of activities in the earlier institute with Confederation of Indian Industries (CII) India.
Research projects (current)
- His most current papers are based on power electronics, renewable energy sources especially solar energy, wind energy and an extensive study on harmonic distortions and distribution systems in power systems. Recently he filed a patent on “E-CAR with instant Charging and Reverse operation Technology”.
- He is interacting with many associations and Industries like Emblitz Technologies, pvt Ltd., KPCL, Pragna Micro Designs, Infinity-thoughts pvt Ltd., ABB, BHEL, FELIP, NAL-CSIR, Danfoss Industries Pvt. LTD., CPRI, PRDC, ESCI Hyderabad, EC Cube Bangalore etc., in terms of research, Industrial visits, training, projects, Guest Lectures etc,.
- Dr. Venugopal. N has worked as Director R&D in previous institution and received the grants from AICTE and IEI. He is currently guiding 3 research students in the area of power electronics and renewable energy sources. Guiding two students under JNTUA Andhra Pradesh and one student from V.T.U., Karnataka.
- Dr. Venugopal N had awarded a grant of Rs. 10, 30,000/ from AICTE, as a Project Investigator (Chief Coordinator) for Industry Institute Partnership Cell (IIPC) from the year 2013 to 2015. He had received a grant of Rs. 50,000/ for guiding a student research project titled “Wall Climbing Robots”, from Institution of Engineers, India.IEI in the year 2013-2014.