Dr. Niranjana Krupa
Dr B. Niranjana Krupa is a Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at PES University, Bangalore. She has received her Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics and Communication and Master Degree in Computer Engineering from University of Mysore. She has also been awarded with a doctoral degree in Electrical Electronics and Systems Engineering from the prestigious National University of Malaysia, where she also served as a Post-doctoral Fellow. She has a rich and a varied experience in both industry and academics. Her research interests involve biomedical signal processing, instrumentation and development of intelligent systems. Two projects that were completed under her guidance and supervision have won first place in competitions held at national level. She has also been presented with 'Sir.M.Visvesvaraya Award for Best Social Impact', for a project on cardiac disorders in Prakalp - 2011, at PESIT. She has number of publications in the field of Biomedical Signal Processing, of which one of her research papers was awarded as the best paper in an International conference, IEEE INDICON 2015.
Electronics & Communications
80 26722108 Extn 777
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D||National University of Malaysia (UKM)||2010||M.Tech||University of Mysore||1999||B.Engg||University of Mysore||1997|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Professor||PES University||2011||Present||Postdoctoral Fellow||National University of Malaysia (UKM)||2010||2010||Research Scholar||National University of Malaysia (UKM)||2007||2010|
- Experience (1999- 2007): Teaching (4 years) ; Industry (4 years)
- Signal Processing and Systems Engineering - Domain Head
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Digital Signal Processing
- Multirate Systems and Filter Banks
- Real-time DSP
- Pattern Recognition and Classification
- Advanced Data Structures and Applications
- Signals and Systems
- Operating Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Analysis and Design of Algorithms
- Digital Electronics
- Concurrent Programming
- Finite Automata and Formal Languages
- Image Processing
- Biomedical signal processing and instrumentation
- Intelligent Systems
- BCI Applications
Research projects (current)
- Real-time analysis of biomedical signals
- Design and development of cost-effective medical devices
- Signal/image Processing
- Machine Learning
- Brain Controlled BOTs
- Guiding two PhD Scholars
- “Fetal Heart Rate Pattern Detection for Perinatal Cardiotocogram Analysis”, 1st Engineering Postgraduate Conference, UKM, Malaysia, 2008.
- “A comparison of Linear Parametric models based on the fitness index” in proceedings of the national conference on Evolutionary Systems for Signal Processing and Communication (ESSC), PES Institute of Technology, pp. 1-5, 2012.
- “Classification of photoplethysmographic signals using support vector machines for vascular risk assessment”, 10th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Innsbruck, Austria. 2013.
- ”Fractal Dimension for drwosiness detection in brainwaves”, IEEE International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics, Mysore, India, NOV 2014.
- ”Removal of Ocular Artifacts in EEG Signals Using Adapted Wavelet and Adaptive Filtering”, International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences ICIBEL, IFMBE Proceedings, Putrajaya, Malaysia, December 2015.
- ”Controlling the hand and forearm movements of an orthotic arm using surface EMG signals”, IEEE INDICON 2015, New Delhi, Dec 2015.
- ”Prediction of Heart Rate from Photoplethysmogram Signals Using Sequential ELM” IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, July, Vancouver, Canada, 2016.
- ”Recognizing Cardiovascular Risk from Photoplethysmogram Signals Using ELM” IEEE Second International Conference on Cognitive Computing and Information Processing (CCIP), August, Mysore, India, 2016.
- ”Multiclass Classification of APG Signals using ELM for CVD Risk Identification: A Real-Time Application” 16th International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (ICBME, IFMBE), Singapore, 2016.
- ”Kannada Text to Speech Conversion: A Novel Approach”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, Mysore, Dec 2016.
- ”A Hybrid Model for Recognizing Cardiac Murmurs from Phonocardiogram Signals”, IEEE INDICON 2016, Bangalore, Dec 2016.
- “Noninvasive method to find oxygen saturation of the fetus using photoplethysmogram”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, India, 2016.
- ” Intelligent Content Based X-Ray Image Retrieval using Speeded up Robust Feature Descriptors” , IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering, 2017.
- ”Noninvasive Blood Glucose Prediction from Photoplethysmogram using Relevance Vector Machine”, IEEE International Conference for Convergence in Technology, 2017.
- ” Cuffless Blood Pressure Prediction from PPG using Relevance Vector Machine”, IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, India, 2017.
- ”A Novel Approach for the Identification of Chronic Alcohol Users from ECG Signals”, IEEE Region 10 Conference (TENCON), Malaysia, 2017.
- ” Noninvasive Cardiovascular Health Assessment in Post Adolescent Age Group using Augmentation Index”, International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences, Malaysia, 2017.
- “Control strategy for the development of bio-orthotic limbs using EMG signals,” IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, India, 2018.
- “Convolutional neural networks for predicting words: A lip-reading system,” IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, India, 2018.
- “Steady state visually evoked potential based brain computer interface for game control,” IEEE International Conference on Electrical, Electronics, Communication, Computer and Optimization Techniques, India, 2018.
- “Stepwise and Quadratic Discriminant Analysis of P300 signals for Controlling a Robot,” IEEE International Conference on Networing, Embedded and Wireless Systems, India, 2018.
- ” Hybrid Xception Model for Human Protein Atlas Image Classification,” 2019 IEEE 16th India Council International Conference (INDICON 2019), Gujarat, India.
- “Convolutional Neural Network Models for Content Based X-Ray Image Classification,” 2019 IEEE International WIE Conference on Electrical and Computer Engineering (WIECON-ECE), Bengaluru, India.
- , "Conversion of Hindi Braille to Speech using Image and Speech Processing," 7th IEEE Uttar Pradesh Section International Conference on Electrical, Electronics and Computer Engineering (UPCON 2020), MNNIT, 27-29th, 2020 Prayagraj, India.
- "Trajectory Based Human Action Recognition Using Centre Symmetric-Local Binary Pattern Descriptors", INDICON 2020, 11- 13 December 2020, NSUT, Delhi. India
- ”Visual World to an Audible Experience: Visual Assistance for the Blind and the Visually Impaired,” INDICON 2020, 11- 13 December 2020, NSUT, Delhi. India
-  “Extreme Gradient Boosting Classification of Motor Imagery Using Common Spatial Patterns,” INDICON2020, 11- 13 December 2020, NSUT, Delhi. India
- "Improved Viseme Recognition Using Generative Adversarial Networks",TENCON 2020 - IEEE REGION 10 Conference, November, 2020, Osaka, Japan.
- "German Sign Language Translation Using 3D Hand Pose Estimation and Deep Learning",TENCON 2020 - IEEE REGION 10 Conference, November, 2020, Osaka, Japan.
- "Age Progression Using Generative Adversarial Networks", TENCON 2020 - IEEE REGION 10 Conference, November, 2020, Osaka, Japan.
- "Reinforcement Learning for Improving Coherence of Multiturn responses in Deep Learning Based Chatbots " , International Conference on Communication, Circuits, and Systems (iC3S 2020, Springer), 16th-18th October 2020, Bhubaneswar, India
- "Classification of Ultrasound Thyroid Nodule Images into Benign and Malignant Lesions", IEEE International Conference for Innovation in technology 2020, November, Bangalore ,India
- , "Intelligent Analysis of X-ray Images for Detecting Bone Abnormality in Upper Extremities", International Conference on Communication, Circuits, and Systems (iC3S 2020, Springer), 16-18th October 2020, Bhubaneswar, India
- "Brain Computer Interface for Neurorehabilitation with Kinesthetic Feedback", 5th International Conference on Robotics and Automation Engineering (ICRAE 2020, IEEE) , November 20-22, 2020, Singapore.
- “The application of empirical mode decomposition for the enhancement of cardiotocograph signals,” Physiol. Meas. 30(8):729-743, 2009.
- “Antepartum fetal heart rate feature extraction and classification using empirical mode decomposition and support vector machine,” BioMedical Engineering OnLine, 10(6), 2011.
- “Recognition of Emotions in Autistic Children using Physiological Signals”, Health and Technology, Springer, 2016.
- “Comparative Study of Various Feature Extraction Techniques for Pedestrian Detection,” Procedia Computer Science- Journal- Elsevier, 2019.
- “Real-time Replication of Arm Movements using Surface EMG Signals,” Procedia Computer Science- Journal- Elsevier, 2019.
- "EEG Controlled Robot Navigation using Hjorth Parameters and Welch-PSD,” International Journal of Intelligent Engineering and Systems (accepted for publication).