Dr. Niranjana Krupa
Dr B. Niranjana Krupa is a Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communication Engineering at PES University, Bangalore. She has received her Bachelor of Engineering Degree in Electronics and Communication and Master Degree in Computer Engineering from University of Mysore. She has also been awarded with a doctoral degree in Electrical Electronics and Systems Engineering from the prestigious National University of Malaysia, where she also served as a Post-doctoral Fellow. She has a rich and a varied experience in both industry and academics. Her research interests involve biomedical signal processing, instrumentation and development of intelligent systems. Two projects that were completed under her guidance and supervision have won first place in competitions held at national level. She has also been presented with 'Sir.M.Visvesvaraya Award for Best Social Impact', for a project on cardiac disorders in Prakalp - 2011, at PESIT. She has number of publications in the field of Biomedical Signal Processing, of which one of her research papers was awarded as the best paper in an International conference, IEEE INDICON 2015.
Electronics & Communications
80 26722108 Extn 777
- Medical Engineering Science - Domain Head
- Intelligent Systems - Key Person
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Digital Signal Processing
- Modern DSP
- Real-time DSP
- Biomedical signal processing and instrumentation
- Intelligent Systems
Research projects (current)
- Real-time analysis of biomedical signals
- Design and development of cost-effective medical devices
- “A comparison of Linear Parametric models based on the fitness index” in proceedings of the national conference on Evolutionary Systems for Signal Processing and Communication (ESSC), PES Institute of Technology, pp. 1-5. 2012
- “Fetal Heart Rate Pattern Detection for Perinatal Cardiotocogram Analysis”, 1st Engineering Postgraduate Conference, UKM, Malaysia, 2008.
- “Recognition of Emotions in Autistic Children using Physiological Signals”, Health and Technology, Springer, 2016.
- “Antepartum fetal heart rate feature extraction and classification using empirical mode decomposition and support vector machine” BioMedical Engineering OnLine, 10(6). 2011
- "The application of empirical mode decomposition for the enhancement of cardiotocograph signals" Physiol. Meas. 30(8):729-743. 2009
- ”Prediction of Heart Rate from Photoplethysmogram Signals Using Sequential ELM” IEEE World Congress on Computational Intelligence, July, Vancouver, Canada, 2016.
- ”Controlling the hand and forearm movements of an orthotic arm using surface EMG signals”, IEEE INDICON 2015, New Delhi, Dec 2015.
- ”Removal of Ocular Artifacts in EEG Signals Using Adapted Wavelet and Adaptive Filtering”, International Conference for Innovation in Biomedical Engineering and Life Sciences ICIBEL, IFMBE Proceedings, Putrajaya, Malaysia, December 2015
- “Modulation of cardiac autonomic regulation with yoga therapy in alcoholic patients: A pilot study using nonlinear measures of heart rate variability.” In 4th International Conference and Exhibition on Addiction Research and Therapy, Florida, USA, 03-05 August 2015.
- ”Fractal Dimension for drwosiness detection in brainwaves”, IEEE International Conference on Contemporary Computing and Informatics, Mysore, India, NOV 2014.
- “Classification of photoplethysmographic signals using support vector machines for vascular risk assessment”, 10th IASTED International Conference on Biomedical Engineering, Innsbruck, Austria. 2013.
- “Computerized Interpretation of Cardiotocographs Using Kubli Score”, 4th European Conference of the International Federation for Medical and Biological Engineering, Antwerp Belgium, 2008.
- “Computerized Fetal Heart Rate Baseline Estimation Based on Number and Continuity of Occurrences”, 4th Kuala Lumpur International Conference on Biomedical Engineering (Biomed2008), Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia , 2008.