Dr. Vijaya Krishna
Dr. Vijaya Krishna obtained the M.Sc (Engg.) and PhD degrees from the departments of EE and ECE repesctively, at the Indian Institute of Science (IISc) Bangalore. His research interests are in the broad area of signal processing for communication. He is presently a professor at the department of ECE, PES University.
Electronics & Communications
080 26721983 Extn
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Linear Algebra (M.Tech, Aug 2008)
- Signals and Systems (Jan 2009, Jan 2010, Aug 2017)
- Digital Signal Processing (Aug 2008, Aug 2009)
- Statistical Signal Processing (Aug 2010)
- Probability and Random Processes (Aug 2011, Aug 2013)
- Information Theory and Coding (Jan 2012)
- Analog Communication (Aug 2012)
- Advanced DSP (Jan 2013)
- Digital Communication (Jan 2014)
- Signal Processing for Communications
- Multirate Systems and Filterbanks
- Statisitcal Signal Processing
- Vijaya Krishna A, Ramakrishnan A. G, “Feature transformation for speaker identification based on generalized eigenvalue decomposition,” in Proc. workshop on spoken language processing, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research, Mumbai, January 2003.
- Muralishankar R, Vijaya Krishna A, Ramakrishnan A. G, “Subspace based vowel-consonant segmentation,” in Proc. IEEE workshop on statistical signal processing-2003, St. Louis, Missouri, USA, pp. 589-592.
- Vijaya Krishna A, Hari K. V. S, “Filterbank precoding for MIMO frequency selective channels: minimum redundancy and equalizer design,” in Proc. IEEE sensor array and multichannel signal processing workshop-2004, Barcelona, Spain, pp. 692-695.
- Vijaya Krishna A, Hari K. V. S, “Minimum redundancy for FIR equalization in MIMO multicarrier modulation,” in Proc. IEEE international conference on signal processing and communications - 2004, Bangalore, India, pp. 545-549.
- Vijaya Krishna A, Hari K. V. S, “Design of MMSE filterbank precoder and equalizer for MIMO frequency selective channels,” in Proc. European signal processing conference (EUSIPCO-2006), Florence, Italy.
- Vijaya Krishna A, Hari K. V. S, “Jointly Optimal MMSE design for non-redundant FIR precoding and equalization,” Proceedings of the International Conference on Signal Processing and Communication (SPCOM-2010), Bangalore, India
- Vijaya Krishna A, Shashank V, “Mutual Information with Filterbank Equalization for MIMO Frequency Selective Channels,” Proceedings of the National Conference on Communication (NCC 2011), Bangalore, India
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”High Speed ASIC Design of DCT for Image Compression,” in Advances in Communication, Network, and Computing, 2012
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”High speed digital filter design using register minimization retiming and parallel prefix adders,” in Third International Conference on Emerging Applications of Information Technology (EAIT), Kolkata, 2012
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”FPGA based path solvers for DFGs in high level synthesis,” in 2nd International Conference on Advances in Computational Tools for Engineering Applications (ACTEA), Lebanon, 2012
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”FIR filter design based on retiming automation using VLSI design metrics,” in International Conference on Technology, Informatics, Management, Engineering, and Environment (TIME-E), Malaysia, 2013
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”FIR Filter Design Based on Retiming and Automation Using VLSI Design Metrics”, IEEE- TIME-e 2013, Bandung, Indonesia, 2013
- Deepa Yagain and Vijaya Krishna A, ”Evolutionary Computation Based Retiming for High Speed Digital Filters”, IEEE CIMSim-2013, Seoul, South Korea, 2013
- Bhandari, T., Nagarajan, S. and Vijaya Krishna, A. ”Oblique projection based equalization for OFDM in presence of in-device coexistence interference,” IEEE-C2SPCA, 2013
- Appaiah, A. ; Perincherry, A. ; Keskar, A.S. ; Vijaya Krishna A, ”Spectrum sensing in Cognitive Radio based on compressive measurements” IEEE-C2SPCA, 2013
- Nagarajan, S, Bhandari, T., and Vijaya Krishna, ”Pilot insertion and channel estimation techniques for SCFDMA” IEEE International conference on Signal Processing and Communication ICSC 2013
- Vijaya Krishna A, Hari K. V. S, “Filterbank precoding for FIR equalization in high rate MIMO communications,” IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, vol. 54, no. 5, pp. 1645-1652, May 2006
- The SmartDetect team, “Wireless Sensor Networks for Human Intrusion Detection,” Journal of the Indian Institute of Science, Vol. 90, No.3, ’Special issue on Advances in Electrical Sciences’
- A. Baliga,Deepa Yagain and A. Vijaya Krishna, ”Design of high-speed adders for efficient digital design blocks”, ISRN Electronics, vol. 2012, 2012.
- Deepa Yagain and A. Vijaya Krishna, ”Design of Synthesizable, Retimed Digital Filters Using FPGA Based Path Solvers with MCM approach: Comparison and CAD Tool”, VLSI Design Journal, vol.2014, Hindawi Publishing Corporation
- Deepa Yagain, Chandrashekar Rao T. N. and A. Vijaya Krishna, ”Design of Retimed Digital Filters using MCM Methodology for Noise removal in EEG”, International Journal of Computer Aided Engineering and Technology, Inder-science Pulishers, 2014.
- Deepa Yagain and A. VijayaKrishna, ”A Novel Framework for Retiming Using Evolutionary Computation for High Level Synthesis of Digital Filters”, Swarm and Evolutionary Computation Journal, Elsevier, 2014.
- Deepa Yagain, Sivanag Balla, and Vijaya Krishna. ”Efficient Audio Filter Using Folded Pipelining Architecture Based on Retiming Using Evolutionary Computation”, Journal of circuits, systems and computers, World Scientific Publishers, 24.05 (2015): 1550068.
- Deepa Yagain, A. Vijaya Krishna, ”Framework for Digital Filter Design Optimization (DiFiDOT) using MCM based retiming and synthesizable path solvers for noise removal ECG filters”, Journal of Signal Processing Systems, Springer publishers, 84.2 (2016): 197-210