Dr. Vamsi Krishna
Dr. Vamsi received his Ph.D. degree from the School of Computer Engineering, Nanyang Technological University (NTU), Singapore in 2011. He worked as a research associate in NTU (Feb-Oct 2011) and Hong Kong University of Science and Technology (Nov 2011-Feb 2014). He is presently an Associate Professor in the Department of Electronics and Communications Engineering, PES University. His research interests includesmart grids, wireless networks and optimization. Dr. Vamsi has published papers in reputed IEEE journals and international conferences. He has reviewed many papers for reputed IEEE journals, conferences and magazines. He is a member of IEEE and IEEE ComSoc. He has held several adminstrative responsibilities such as being Dept. coordinator for ABET and IET accreditation for PES University (2015-16), Dept. coordinator for faculty recruitment (2015), Dept. Coordinator for ECE curriculum and syllabus (2015-Present).
Electronics & Communications
80 26722108 Extn 741
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D||M. Tech (Research)||B. E|
- Teaching and research
- Member in Doctoral Committees (2) and Dissertation Committee (1) at PES University.
- Guiding 1 PhD student, 1 Master’s student and several undergrad students at PES University
- Member in Departmental Curriculum Committee (DCC)
- Coordinator for ECE curriculum and sylabus for academic years 2015-16, 2016-17 and 2017-18
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Theory of RFID Design
- Network Analysis and Synthesis (Theory and Lab)
- Computer Communication Networks (Theory and Lab)
- Artificial Neural Networks
- Network Analysis and Synthesis (Theory and Lab)
- Optimization and Its Applications
- Computer Networks
- Microcontrollers (Lab)
- Wireless Network Design
- Applications of Queuing Theory
- Logic Design (Lab)
- Core expertise: Convex optimization, Markov chains, Markov decision process, queuing analysis, hidden Markov models, neural networks, fuzzy logics and probability theory.
- Research areas: Smart grid: Optimal energy scheduling, demand side management and electric vehicles.
- Wireless networks: Device-device communications, Heterogenous networks, Fog networks
- Research proposals: "Modeling of Flexible Loads for Reducing Power Generation Costs" by Dr. V. K. Tumuluru and Dr. Keshavan BK was submitted to SERB (DST), Govt. of India, July 2017
- V. K. Tumuluru, P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “Performance Analysis of Cognitive Radio Spectrum Access with Prioritized Traffic”, IEEE Int. Conference on Communication, June 2011
- V. K. Tumuluru, P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “An Opportunistic Spectrum Scheduling for Multi-channel Cognitive Radio Networks”, IEEE Vehicular Technology Conference 2010-Fall, 6-9 September 2010
- V. K. Tumuluru, P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “A Neural Network based Spectrum Prediction Scheme for Cognitive Radio”, IEEE Int. Conference on Communication, 23-27 May 2010
- D. Murali, K. M. Verghese, K. Ravi and V. K. Tumuluru, "Scheduling of Resource Blocks for Device-to-Device Communications in LTE-Advanced Networks," 10th IEEE Int. Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunication Systems (ANTS), 6-9 Nov. 2016.
- C. Srivatsa, D. Rengarajan, V. K. Tumuluru, "Modeling Demand Flexibility of Electric Vehicles", 8th IEEE Int. Conf. on Smart Grid Communications (SmartGridComm), 2017 (accepted).
- S. V. Manushettar, S. Kumar, T. Reddy and V. K. Tumuluru, "Dynamic Spectrum Sharing and Resource Allocation for Multicell LTE-A System", submitted to 11th IEEE Int. Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunication Systems (ANTS), 2017 (submitted).
- A. Jeevaraj, M. Nagaraj and V. K. Tumuluru, "Joint Resource Allocation and Network Formation for Cellular and D2D Users in LTE-A Networks",IEEE Wireless Communications Letters, 2017 (submitted)
- V. K. Tumuluru and D. H. K. Tsang, “A Two-stage Approach for Network Constrained Unit Commitment Problem with Demand Response”, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, 2016 (accepted)
- V. K. Tumuluru, Z. Huang and D. H. K. Tsang, “Integrating Price Responsive Demand into the Unit Commitment Problem”, IEEE Trans. on Smart Grid, Vol. 5, Issue 6, pp. 2757-2765, July 2014
- V. K. Tumuluru, Z. Huang and D. H. K. Tsang, “Unit Commitment Problem: A New Formulation and Solution Method”, Int. Journal on Electric Power and Energy Systems, vol. 57, pp. 222-231, May 2014
- V. K. Tumuluru, P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “Channel status prediction for cognitive radio networks” Wireless Communications and Mobile Computing, vol. 12, no. 10, July 2012
- V. K. Tumuluru P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “Performance Analysis of Cognitive Radio Spectrum Access for Prioritized Traffic”, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 61, no. 4, May 2012
- V. K. Tumuluru P. Wang, and D. Niyato, “A Novel Spectrum Scheduling Scheme for Multi-channel Cognitive Radio Network and Performance Analysis”, IEEE Trans. on Vehicular Technology, vol. 50, no. 4, May 2011
- T. V. Krishna and A. Das, “A Survey on MAC Protocols in OSA Networks”, Computer Networks, vol. 53, no. 9, pp. 1377–1394, 2009