Dr. Bisheshwar Haorongbam
Dr. Bisheshwar Haorongbam received his doctoral degree (2015) in Product Design at Centre for Product Design and Manufacturing (CPDM), Indian Institute of Science, (IISc) Bangalore. Prior to this he worked at the CAR (Creative Automotive Research) Laboratory, CPDM, IISc, contributing to a challenging research project on improvement of the accuracy of vehicles crash simulations sponsored by Tata Motors Limited, Pune and involving extensive impact tests and numerical simulations. Later he also worked on a project sponsored by Department of Science and Technology (DST), Government of India from Dec 2013 to Nov 2014. Prior to joining PES, Dr. Haorongbam was an Assistant Professor at International Institute of Aerospace Engineering and Management, Jain University from July 2015 to May 2016.
2672 1983 Extn 884
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Structural mechanics
- Introduction to materials
- Product Safety Design
- Transportation Design
- Practical FEA
- Automotive Crashworthiness
- Foam and Composite Materials
- B. Haorongbam, A. Deb, and C.C. Chou, “A comparison of the behaviors of steel and GFRP hat-section components under axial quasi-static and impact loading,” SAE International Journal of Transport Safety, 3(1) 3(1): 47-56, 2015, doi: 10.4271/2015-01-1482.
- B. Haorongbam, A. Deb, and C.C.Chou, “Numerical prediction of dynamic progressive buckling behaviors of single-hat and double-hat steel components under axial loading," SAE International Journal of Transport Safety, 1(1):114-126, 2013, doi: 10.4271/2013-01-0458.
- A. Deb, B. Haorongbam, J.E. Diwakar, and C.C.Chou, “Efficient approximate methods for predicting behaviors of steel hat sections under axial impact loading,” SAE International Journal of Passenger Cars – Mechanical System. 3(1):695-703, 2010, doi: 10.4271/2010-01-1015.
- Gauri Ranadive, A. Deb, B. Haorongbam, “Evaluation of the accuracy of an accelerometer response generated by axial impact loading” 22nd CIRP Design Conference 2012, Ed. Springer London, 2013, pp. 169–180.
- Gauri Ranadive, A. Deb, B. Haorongbam “An assessment of load cell- and accelerometer-based responses in a simulated impact test” SAE 2014 World Congress & Exhibition, SAE Technical Paper 2014-01-0198, 2014, doi:10.4271/2014-01-0198.
- A. Deb, B. Haorongbam, and NK Gupta, “ Thin walled steel hat section components as protective counter measure for vehicle impact safety”, Proceeding of Indian National Science Academy Vol. 79 No.4 December 2013, Special Issue Part A, pp. 669-678.
- N.D.Shivakumar, A.Deb, H.C.Chittappa, B.M.Rekha, P.Lakshmanan and B.Haorongbam, “Experimental and FEM simulation of mechanical properties of rigid polyurethane foam under tensile loading,” ICFPAM 2013 University of Auckland, December 8-13, 2013.
- A. Deb, B. Haorongbam, and NK Gupta, “Predicting the behaviour of thin-walled double hat sections under axial impact loading,”Russian-Indian Workshop on Topical problems of Solid and Fluid Mechanics. Repino, Russia. July 1-5, 2011.
- K. Chigullapalli, A. Deb, and B. Haorongbam, “Behavior of steel hat section components under axial loading,” IMPLAST 2010, Providence, Rhode Island USA (October 12-14, 2010).
- D. Ganesh, A. Deb, Haorongbam Bisheshwar and M. Raguraman, “An insight into performance of tubular aluminum components for vehicle crash energy management,” In: National Conference on Automotive Manufacturing, Coimbatore, India, February 2007