Dr. Gopal R K
He is a Professor and Program Chair, MBA Department with 10 years of Industry and 15 years of teaching experience. He has handled HOD and Director Positions earlier in Reputed management Institutes. He is a registered guide for PhD Scholars at MGR University, Bharatiar University and VTU. Currently he is guiding six students for PhD in management discipline. He is a Resource faculty at Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies (NMIMS), and for executive PGDM programme at CMR Institute of Management and technology. He is also a resource faculty for M S in Consultancy management programme for sponsored executives conducted by Consultancy Development Centre (Ministry of Science & Technology) for delivering Marketing Research sessions. Previously he has held the various positions which include Professor & Director, MBA Program (VTU) CMR Institute of Technology, R V Institute of Management, Assistant Professor in department of management Studies, M.S.Ramaiah Institute of Technology. He has also worked in companies like Mahindra Group, Fouress Engg, and Elofic Industries. He was involved in Designing and starting an Executive PGDM programme at CMR Institute of management and technology, Organized a National level FDP on Research methods –Tools and techniques at CMRIT (Sponsored by VTU). He has visited NTU and Amity Business School in Singapore for academic discussions in February 2011. Visited Turkey and participated in World Productivity congress held in Antalya during November 2010. Visited UK for a tie up with Grimsby institute of further and higher education, Grimsby, UK for research, consultancy and PG Programmes during October 2009. He has also organized several national and international conferences. He has been responsible for establishment of study centre for Msc in consultancy management conducted by BITS Pilani in association with Consultancy Development Centre, New Delhi in 2007 at RVIM, centers of excellence, MDP and EDP cells. He was the Steering Committee Coordinator for NAAC accreditation at RVIM., a research consultancy for Karnataka Diobotology centre, Bangalore in 2011 and coordinator of Karnataka chapter of CDC, New Delhi (A unit of DSIR), at RVIM.
08026722108 Extn 548
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D(Management)||MBA (Marketing)||BE (MECH)|
- Industrial Visits coordination (Sec - B)
- New initiatives in marketing domain
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Total Quality Management
- Business -to -Business Marketing
- Research Methodology
- Quantitative techniques
- Retail Marketing
- Strategic Management
- Marketing Management
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Supply Chain Management
- Production and operations management
- Customer Relationship Management, B2B Marketing, Brand Loyalty
- Co-Authored a book titled “Total Quality Management-Text and Cases”, Published by PHI.
- Co authored a study material on marketing research for M S in Consultancy Management, conducted by CDC and BITS Pilani.
- Authored a study material in CRM for EPGDM at Narsee Monjee Institute of management studies.
- Authoring a book on research methods using SPSS.
- Presented a paper titled “Best practices and its impact on productivity-A study of automobile industry in Southern India “in the World productivity congress held in Antalya, Turkey during November 2010.
- 2. Presented a paper Titled “ CRM and its impact on productivity and innovation in automotive industry-A suppliers perspective in Southern India” in European Productivity Conference EPC 2009 in Grimsby Institute of Higher and Further Education in Grimsby,UK, during October 2009.
- Presented a paper in IISC Max plank Conference in 2008.
- Presented a paper in a National Conference on Marketing to the Bottom of Pyramid on 15th and 16th March 2010 Conducted by Institute of Management and Rural Development, Ahmednagar Entitled “ Impact of fake and Duplicate Products in Rural Markets”
- Academic Research, conducted by Dr.MGR University held on 13th and 14th Aug 2010 Titled “Does Customer Satisfaction lead to loyalty? (An empirical study on Indian Small Passenger Car Segment).
- Presented a joint paper in a National Conference on Innovative Trends in Management, Conducted by Siddhant Institute of Management, Pune on 15th and 16th Jan 2010 entitled “Innovative Trends in Marketing”.
- Presented a paper in a National Conference on Emerging Paradigms in Marketing on July 25-26, 2008, organized by Dhruva College of Management, Hyderabad entitled “A Study on Customer Preferences and Market Segmentation with reference to Passenger Car”, which also won the best research paper award during the conference proceedings
- A joint Research paper on “Relationship between customer satisfaction and loyalty among passenger car users (an empirical study conducted in Bangalore city among small passenger car users)”,published in international journal of research and management ,vol no 3 (2012),issue no 10,October,ISSN 0976-2183
- A joint research paper (2012) “Indian automotive industry-current scenario”-Department of commerce-Bangalore University publication
- A Joint research paper on “Benchmarking HRM practices” published in the RVIM Journal of Management research, RVIM, Bangalore (Vol 3- Issue 1 Jan 2010 to June 2010)
- A joint Paper on “Usage of different statistical techniques on a single data and their implications on managerial decision making” published in Indian journal of marketing Volume XXXIX, Number 11, and November 2009.
- Assessing wellness quotient amongst back office employees in India”, May 2008, a study published by Unites Professionals.
- “CRM its scope and challenges in Business to Business markets”. Published in “Dharana”, Bhavan’s international journal of Business, Vol: 2, 1(08), pp 23-27.
- “Developing relationship marketing strategies by implementing CRM technology in industrial markets”, ICFAI journal of marketing management, February 2006- (Reprinted in Executive Guide Book on B to B marketing, published by ICFAI Press).
- “Just in time purchasing – an approach in supply chain management and its relevance to Indian automotive Industry”, Ushus journal of business management, Vol. 4, No. 1 June 2005.
- Strategic issues in time dimension of marketing tools in Business-to- Business Markets”, Ushus journal of Business management, Vol.3, No.1, Jan 2004.
- “Switching costs: keys to understanding buyers behavior in industrial markers”, Indian journal of marketing, Vol. XXXIII, No. 11, Nov 2003.
- “Dimensions of service quality in higher education”, QCFI Journal, 2002, pp-29-31.