Dr. Sivashanmugam C
A Finance doctorate from Bharathiar University , Coimbatore with around one and a half decade of qualitative experience in teaching, research and training. He has worked in different capacities as Professor & HOD, Management Studies. He is a regular PhD Examiner & Guide at various esteemed universities, presently guiding 3 Phd Scholars. He has served as Chairperson in various National & International Conferences. He has also presented Papers in these Conferences.
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D (Strategic Finance – M&A)||MBA||M.Com|
- Finance related Activities/Workshops/Events, FGD
- New initatives in Finance Domain
- NISM Coordination
- Industrial Visits coordination (Sec - D)
- Strategic Finance, M&As, Accounting & Control, Corporate Finance
Research projects (current)
- “A study on cash flow management in SMEs with special reference to Bangalore, Karnataka.”
- “A Study on Liquidity Analysis of selected Cement Companies in India.”
- 1. On 24th and 25th November, 2000 attended a regional conference on “Research Trends in Commerce” organized by Dept. of Commerce, Annamalai University.
- 2. On 27th and 28th April ,2002 attended a national conference on “Financial Sector Reforms” and presented a paper on “Review of Decade of Reforms in Indian Banking Sector” organized by Dept. of Commerce, Annamalai University.
- 3. On 15th October, 2002 attended a state level conference on “Alpha & Omega of Research” conducted by Dept. of Economics, Commerce and Management of Sri Vasavi College, Erode.
- 4. On 20th February, 2002 attended state level inter-disciplinary seminar on “Threshold Challenges of Corporates in the emerging environment” conducted by Sri Jayendra Saraswathy Maha Vidhalaya College of Arts& Science, Coimbatore.
- 5. On 26th and 27th of September, 2003 attended a state level seminar on “Application of Statistics in Research in the Field of Commerce” conducted by Dept. of Commerce, Sri Ramakrishna College of arts & science for women , Coimbatore.
- 6. On 9th October, 2003 attended a Faculty Development Program on “Nurturing Entrepreneurship” organized by PSG-STEP, Coimbatore
- 7. On 26th February, 2005 attended a state level seminar on “Contemporary Business Issues” organized by P.G. Dept. of Commerce, RVS College of Arts and Science (Autonomous), Coimbatore.
- 8. On 29&30-09-06 UGC Sponsored “National Seminar on Women empowerment: Issues And Challenges” organized by Dept. of Economics, Sri Vasavi College, Erode
- 9. On 5 to7.10.06 attended a three day Workshop on “Enhancing Personal Excellence in Classroom Communication Skills of College Teachers”, Christ College, Bangalore.
- 10. On 20.01.2007 presented a paper on “IT-innovations in Passenger Services” in the national conference on “The Indian Railways towards a New Horizon-Challenges and Opportunities”.
- 11. On 15 & 16.02.2007 Presented a paper on “A study on marketing problems and Prospects of Turmeric growers in Tamil Nadu” in an international conference held at Loyola College, Chennai.
- 12. On 19th to 21st .02.07 presented a paper on “Opportunities, Challenges and threats of Globalization in Indian Agricultural” in a three day international conference held at Institute of Management & Computer Studies, Thane (Mumbai).
- 13. On 25th &26th April 2009 participated a “Two-day seminar on management Research methodologies” organized by Anna University, Trichy.
- 14. On 24th september , 2010 presented a paper on “Role of green banking in India” in a one-day National level conference held at Maharaja Arts & Science College, Coimbatore
- 15. On 21st February 2011, presented a paper on “Retail Marketing-An Indian Experience”, in a state level seminar on “Emerging trends in marketing” held at Sri Kandhan College of Arts &Science , Erode.
- 16. On 7th March, 2011 Presented a paper on “Global warming and green banking”, UGC sponsored state level seminar organized by Government Arts College, Salem.
- 1. In 2007-2008 Co-authored an article “Role of Development Banks” in editor’ book on “Financial Services” published by “DEEP & DEEP” publications, New Delhi.
- 2. “A Critical analysis of growth strategies for Starbucks in UAE”
- 3. “A study of financial health of ELGI equipment ltd- Z-Score analysis” in a national level Journal of Commerce and Management Research,Vol.1(3), Nov-2011.
- 4. A book titled “Merger and Acquisition” is under process and about to publish in September 2015 by New Century publication, New Delhi.