Prof. Smitha S
A BE, MBA graduate with a specialization in HRM, having total work experience of 8+ years. Of which 6 years have been into academics teaching various HRM subjects viz. Recruitment and selection, Personal growth and interpersonal relationship, Organizational Behavior etc.
- Teaching experience: Started career in teaching by joining PESIT as lecturer during 2008. Currently working as Asst. Professor and pursuing PhD from VTU.
- Industry Experience: Worked as a Sr. Executive HR for Allied Digital Services Pvt Ltd., Bangalore (2006-2008) handling the entire HR operations of recruitment, selection, payroll and other generalist tasks.
- II Semester CCM, PTM Co-ordination, II Semester over all coordinator
- Research Meeting Co-ordination
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Management and OB
- Recruitment and Selection
- Compensation Management
- Personal growth and interpersonal relationship
- Business Research Methodology etc
- OB, Human Resource Accounting , Training and Development,.
- Challenges and Opportunities of Innovation in Training & Development- A case of Home Guards Organization in Karnataka in International Conference on Innovation in management: Challenges and Opportunities, August 2011.
Research projects (current)
- A research paper on Water Literacy- “A study on Water consumption and awareness about the usage of water”
- Value Based Non-Monetary Human Resource Accounting(HRA) Practices for enhanced productivity
- Management of emerging paradigm conflicts in civil societies at International Conference on Management of emerging paradigm conflicts in globalizing world, Jan, 2010, PESIT Bangalore.
- Managing People and Change in Development Sector. International Conference on Strategy and Organizations, May 2010, IMT Ghaziabad.
- Have conducted 2 successful MDPs on “Research for Aspirants” during 23rd to 25th January 2012 and 12th to 14th June 2012
- Managing People and Change in Development Sector, in a book by name Strategy and Smart Organizations, May-June 2010
- Management of emerging paradigm conflicts in civil societies in a book by name: Management Megatrends- 21st Century Perspectives, Jan 2010
- Change Management in CSO: A case of DDS for National Journal of Jyothi Research Academy, December 2009, Vol .3, Iss. 2.