Ms. Preethi P
*IAmAnEngineer*: I’ve always wanted to find solutions to problems that were really going to help society, like reading historical artifacts, #Inscriptions#Historical Document Restoration#Automation of Epigraphy. My Area of Interest Include #Projects based on Regional Language, Cultural and Historical Artifacts using Recent trends like # Machine Learning and Deep Learning.
- Minor Coordinator
- Elective Coordinator
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Data Structures with C and its Applications
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Unix Shell Scripting
- Operating Systems
- Deciphering Epigraphical Inscriptions of Karanataka
- Brahmi Character Recognition
Research projects (current)
- Kannada Search Engine Design and Development
- Denoising Epigraphical Estampages Using Nested Run Length Count. In: Kumar N., Venkatesha Prasad R. (eds) Ubiquitous Communications and Network Computing. UBICNET 2019. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering,LNICST vol 276,pp 198-206, Springer,Cham.https://doi.org/10.1007/978-3-030-20615-4_15
- "Comparative study of basic and hybrid filters for the reduction of noise in Estampages," 2019 1st International Conference on Advanced Technologies in Intelligent Control, Environment, Computing & Communication Engineering (ICATIECE), Bangalore, India, 2019, pp. 8-11, doi: 10.1109/ICATIECE45860.2019.9063768.
- Multiscale Template Matching to Denoise Epigraphical Estampages. In: Bhateja V., Satapathy S., Zhang YD., Aradhya V. (eds) Intelligent Computing and Communication. ICICC 2019. Advances in Intelligent Systems and Computing, vol 1034. Springer, Singapore, DOI https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-15-1084-7_59
- Denoising and Segmentation of Epigraphical Estampages by Multi Scale Template Matching and Connected Component Analysis. Procedia Computer Science. 171. 1877-1886. DOI 10.1016/j.procs.2020.04.201.
- A Systematic Approach in Transforming Inscriptions into Modern Text –Review, IJSIP, Volume 11, Number 1, 2018 January (pp. 37-44). DOI http//dx.doi.org/10.14257/ijsip.2018.11.1.03
- "A Review on Automation of Ancient Epigraphical Images", International Journal of Database Theory and Application Vol.9, No.4 (2016), pp. 143-150 DOI http://dx.doi.org/10.14257/ijdta.2016.9.4.13