Ar. Rajini Itham
Ar. Rajini Itham is Professor, Faculty of Architecture, PES University and is also a practicing architect. With a vast professional experience of nearly two decades and exposure to large scale architectural projects, Integration of Industry – Academia interface is the focus of her teaching methodology. She is a member of Board of studies, Board of Examiners, Thesis review Committee & Moderator for Undergraduate and Post graduate programs at various Schools of Architecture and Design. She has also presented papers in many National and International conferences. She has coordinated Faculty development programs and is a resource person and session chair for several Architecture and Design workshops. She is also a features writer for leading national dailies and magazines. A member of various Professional and Academic bodies (Lifetime member of Council of Architecture (COA), Fellow of Indian Institute of Architects (F.I.I.A.), Fellow of Indian Society of Landscape Architecture (F.ISOLA.), Member Of Indian Green Building Council (IGBC), Member of Society of Architectural historians (SAH), Member of Architectural Humanities Research Association (AHRA), Peer reviewer for Council of Tall buildings and Urban Habitat (CTBUH)), Ar. Rajini Itham has a keen research interest in Interdisciplinary approach to Architecture and design.
|Qualification||Institution||Year||PG. Dip. L.Arch.||SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE, C.E.P.T., AHMEDABAD||1998||B.Arch.||SCHOOL OF ARCHITECTURE & PLANNING, ANNA UNIVERSITY, CHENNAI||1996|
- COUNCIL OF ARCHITECTURE
- FELLOW OF INDIAN INSTITUTE OF ARCHITECTS
- FELLOW OF INDIAN INSTITUTE OF LANDSCAPE ARCHITECTS
- MEMBER OF ARCHITECTURAL HUMANITIES RESEARCH ASSOCIATION
- 21 years experience in handling Architectural design, Coordination and Landscape Development for varied projects ranging from individual houses to large scale multistoried built environments and master planning projects.
- Design & Thesis reviewer, Paper Setter and External Jury Member in various schools of Architecture for Undergraduate and Post graduate programs. (PESU, RIT, BMSSA, BMSCE, REVA University, Mount Carmel College)
- Member of Board of studies, Board of Examiners & Moderator for Undergraduate and Post graduate programs.
- PROCESS COORDINATOR
- CURRICULUM DESIGN & EVALUATION PATTERN
- INTERNSHIP COORDINATOR
- ACADEMIC CURRICULUM COMMITTE MEMBER
- RESEARCH COORDINATOR
- DSGRC COMMITTE MEMBER
- IQAC COORDINATOR
- TEST COORDINATOR
- SEMESTER COORDINATOR
- NAAC COORDINATOR
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
- DESIGN VI
- WORKING DRAWING
- DESIGN V
- SERVICES III
- THEORY OF ARCHITECTURE II
- CLIMATE RESPONSIVE ARCHITECTURE
- THEORY OF ARCHITECTURE I
- DESIGN II
- APPLIED ART & APPRECIATION
- BASIC DESIGN & VISUAL ARTS
- COMPUTER IN ARCHITECTURE I
- SEMINAR/ ACTIVITIES
- VACATION ASSIGNMENT
- WALKABLE CITIES
- LANDSCAPE URBANISM
- LAST MILE CONNECTIVITY
- ARCHITECTURAL PEDAGOGY
Research projects (current)
- WALKABILITY IN SOUTH INDIAN CITIES: A CASE STUDY OF BENGALURU CITY
- “Two Forms at Work: Literature and Architecture- An Integration of Aesthetics and Response” as co-author at “Theory at Work”, International Conference at Benares Hindu University.
- “Role of Landscape Urbanism in Last Mile Connectivity- Adaptive Design Strategies”, International Conference on Architecture and Urban Planning “BETWEEN THE LINES 2018”, School of Architecture, Reva University, Bengaluru (Aug 2018)
- “Exploring Merits and Demerits of Convergence Culture in Higher Education” , International Conference on Global trends in Teacher Education, Lovely Professional University, Jallandhar (April 2016 )
- "THE INEVITABLE ORDER: Revisiting the calibrated Biomimetics of Le Corbusier's Modulor", Le Corbusier, 50 years later. International Congress, Universitat of Politecnicade Valencia, Spain. (Nov 2015)
- “Aesthetics of Sustainable Landscapes: Site sensitivity in Urban Multi Dwelling Residential High rise with respect to physical, cultural and environmental context” at ICDPCA 15, International Conference on Reinventing Design Pedagogy and Contextual Aesthetics, NIT, Calicut.
- "Lateral Integration of Architectural Theory in Design Studio Pedagogy in The Early years of Architectural Education - a Trans - disciplinary Approach" Creative Space journal, Chitkara University, Chandigarh.Vol. 3, Number 1 (Jul-2015)
- “Landscape Design Process for Residential High rise” – Architecture Time Space & People COA magazine, VOL 15 Issue 1.
- “Teaching Strategies To Enhance Higher Order Thinking Skills In Architectural Education”, AICTE-ISTE sponsored FDP on " Skill Mapping Orientation and Training", Nitte School Of Architecture, Bengaluru (July 2018)
- “Landscape design process for Condominiums” in “Workshop on Landscape Architecture” at M.S.R.I.T., Bengaluru
- Member of Peer Review Committee of the CTBUH Research project “Green Living Technologies: What is Missing in the Standards?” @ Iuav University of Venice
- Article “Tips to appear for an interview” in THE ‘AIM’, college newsletter of Vignan’s Institute of Information Technology, Visakhapatnam, Volume 6, Issue 2 , March- April 2007.
- Article “Stripes in Interiors” published in Times Property Special Edition.
- Article “Ergonomic comfort in kitchen design” published in Times Property.
- Article “Wall paper enhances Contemporary interiors” published in Times Property
- Article “Design Ideas for Compact Bathrooms” published in Times Property.
- DEFINING SPATIAL EXPRESSION- Design Series III http://www.zingyhomes.com/latest-trends/indian-courtyard-architecture-design-concept/
- DEFINING SPATIAL EXPRESSION- Design Series I http://www.zingyhomes.com/latest-trends/staircases-architectural-drawing-details-designs/
- DEFINING SPATIAL EXPRESSION- Design Series II http://www.zingyhomes.com/latest-trends/sunshade-architecture-structure-stylematerials/
- Session Chair: International Conference on Global trends in Teacher Education, Lovely Professional University, Jallandhar (April 2016)
- Resource person for Landscape Architecture Design Process, School of Architecture, Reva University, Bengaluru ( March 2019)
- Resource person for Architectural Design Studio Pedagogy workshop on “CONCEPT BASED APPROACH TO ARCHITECTURAL DESIGN PROCESS” at BLDEA’s VachanaPitamaha Dr. P. G. Halakatti College of Engineering and Technology, Vijayapur. ( 22nd to 23rd Feb 2016)
- Coordinator for VTU VGST sponsored FDP on "Creating and Designing Value in Architecture" at Aakar Academy of Architecture, June 2015
- Member of organizing committee for week long National program for “Capacity Building of architects in earthquake risk management in Building Design and Construction” at MSRIT (1st Feb-5 th Feb 2010)
- Rapid Fire Interview with Prof. Ar. Rajini Itham Mahajan, Senior Architect at VBT Consortium, http://www.zingyhomes.com/latest-trends, 08.09.2015
- Designing the Town red! Ar. Rajini Itham Mahajan, https://unbindarch.wordpress.com/, 13.12.2015
- Interview with RedThread team https://youtu.be/E6c98zZc7_k
- Interview My Creative Wall http://blog.mycreativewall.com/index.php/2016/04/07/rajini-itham-senior-architect-vbtconsortium/