Dr. Jhinuk Chatterjee
Dr. Jhinuk Chatterjee obtained her Ph.D. in Biotechnology from Department of Life Sciences & Biotechnology from Jadavpur University , Kolkata. Her major area of research is Computational Biology, Systems Biology, Cellular Imaging and Computational Immunology. University merit scholarship and academic excellence award were awarded to her during graduation and post graduation studies. Her PhD work was focused on analyzing antigenic variations in human spermatozoa and drug interaction. After completion of her PhD she worked as full time post doctoral researcher in Bioinformatics Center, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. In Indian institute of Science she has worked on in silico analysis of putative drug targets in Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv. Dr Jhinuk has reviewed papers from various journals like Computers in Biology and Medicine, Current Bioinformatics, Environmental Toxicology & Pharmacology,and Molecules, MDPI. She has published research papers in various journals of good repute. She has guided several UG and PG students for their projects. She has also guided PhD students who worked on analyzing influence of micro-environment on cells and analyzing inhibitory activity of anticancer inhibitors.
26721983 Extn 345
|Qualification||Institution||Year||PhD||Jadavpur University||2006||DCS||Aptech||2000||MSc||Kalyani University||1996||BSc||Kalyani University||1994|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Assistant Professor||PES Institute of Technology & PES University||2009||till date||Post Doctoral Research Associate||Indian Institute of Science||2007||2009||Research Scholar||Department of Life Science & Biotechnology, Jadavpur University||2000||2006|
Awards / Achievement
- Received National Scholarship for excellence in academics from 10th board exam to post graduation
- Received University Merit Scholarship during graduation and post graduation
- Received Gold Medal for becoming First Class First in Graduation
- Received Eastern zonal academic excellence award from Aptech Ltd. in software education
- Indian Science Congress
- Project Coordinator ( UG & PG Projects)-PESIT & PESU
- Doctoral Committee Member: SirMVIT
- Board of Examiners, DSCE, Bangalore
- Doctoral Committee Member: PESU
- Project Coordinator ( UG & PG Projects)-PESIT & PESU
- Project Coordinator ( PG Projects)-PESIT
- Prakalpa Coordinator (PESIT)
- Web Coordinator( PESIT)
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- UG Courses: Neurobiology, Systems Biology, Engineering Biology, Neuroinformatics, Bioinformatics, Tissue Engineering, Bioenergetics & Metabolism, Enzyme Technology, Structural Biology, Forensic Biology, Protein Engineering & In silico Drug Designing, Bioinformatics Laboratory, Drug Development & Toxicology Laboratory, Forensic Biology Laboratory, Immunology Laboratory. Down stream process technology Laboratory, Biochemistry Laboratory
- PG Courses: Computational Biology, Systems Biology, DNA chips & Micro array Data Analysis, Health informatics, Neuroinformatics, Essential Bioinformatics Laboratory, Biomolecular Modeling & Simulation Laboratory, Cancer Biology, Regenerative Medicine
- Special Topics: Applications in systems biology
- Interdisciplinary research
- Computational Biology
- Cellular Imaging
- Systems Biology
- Computational Immunology
Research projects (current)
- Molecular interaction studies for predicting inhibitory activity of anticancer inhibitors
- Image analysis to assess cellular health
- Systems biology of Neurodegenerative Disorder
- in silico vaccine design
- PhD (Major Advisor)
- MSc Engineering by Research (Major Advisor)
- UG Project Guide
- PG Project Guide
- Analysis of immunogenic epitopes on EBOLA SGP. Pavithra C, Aishwarya R, Neetu S Singh & Jhinuk Chatterjee, Bangalore India Bio, 09-11 Feb 2015.
- Assessing cellular health in cell culture system; Madhurima Ghosh, Arundhati Pal, Parnika Mukherjee, Rahila Rajvada, Jhinuk Chatterjee, V. Krishnamurthy; Advances in Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Medical Technology TERMTech-2014, PSG Institute of Advanced studies, Coimbatore, 12-13 th Dec, 2014.
- QSAR model for predicting the inhibitory activity of COX-2 inhibitors; Sandhya. V, Jhinuk Chatterjee, Biplab Bhattacharjee, IISC CADD conference, 16-17 Sept 2013.
- Spectrum of mathematical modeling approach to analyse programmed cell death; Madhurima Ghosh, Jhinuk Chatterjee & V. Krishnamurthy; 4th International Conference on Stem Cells and Cancer (ICSCC-2013): Proliferation, Differentiation and Apoptosis, Haffkine Institute, Mumbai, 19-22 Oct, 2013.
- Transport Phenomena across the Blood Brain Barrier-An Application to Phenylketonuria. Smurthy KS, Sumana Srivatsa, Pooja Bhat, Uma Ranjan ,Jhinuk Chatterjee, Roshan Makam, National conference on Biopharmaceuticals & Healthcare, MVIT,04-05th November, 2011.
- Elimination of antibiotic resistance of NDM Klebsiella pneumonia by inhibiting Metallo beta lactamase 1 enzyme using combinational therapy of phytochemicals & antibiotics - An Insilico approach; Biplab Bhattacharjee,Priya Prakash, Rukmini Jonnalagadda, Arpitha BM, Jhinuk Chatterjee, V. Krishna Murthy; Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine,Vol 2, Issue 2(Suppl),Jul-Dec 2011.
- Computer aided screening of natural antimicrobials against Putative drug targets of Helicobacter pylori 26695-An in silico drug designing approach; Biplab Bhattacharjee, Jhinuk Chatterjee, Priya Jacob, V. Krishna Murthy;Journal of Natural Science, Biology and Medicine, Vol 2,Issue 2(Suppl),Jul-Dec 2011.
- Cerebral malaria: in silico analysis and compilation of proteins in disease pathway. Mrigank Vinay Sharma, Jhinuk Chatterjee, Bhavesh Jain & Sruti Agarwal, Bangalore India Bio, 04-06 May 2011, organized by Vision Group on Biotechnology.
- A Phylogenetic Study of Monalysin Family of Proteobacterial Pore-Forming Toxins; Mirudhula Mukundan, Sneha Krishnamurthy, Jhinuk Chatterjee;Proceedings of the 2018 5th International Conference on Biomedical and Bioinformatics Engineering, ACM Digital Library.
- Effect of Kirganelia reticulata extract on human embryonic kidney cells with evidence on morphological changes; Madhurima Ghosh, Jhinuk Chatterjee, V Krishnamurthy; Journal of Applied Pharmaceutical Science, 8(09), 114-118, 2018.
- Application of ImageJ for processing Shilajit exposed PBMC images; Madhurima Ghosh, Jhinuk Chatterjee, V Krishnamurthy; Journal of Drug Delivery & Therapeutics, 8(4), 87-89, 2018.
- Assessing Cellular Health in Cell Culture System; Madhurima Ghosh, Jhinuk Chatterjee, V Krishnamurthy, Arundhati Pal, Parnika Mukherjee, Rahila Rajvada; International Journal of Recent Research & Review, XI(2), 2018.
- Comparative QSAR analysis of Histone Deacetylase 6 (HDAC6) inhibitors as Anti-cancer agents; Sandhya Vijayasarathy and Jhinuk Chatterjee,International Journal of Current Research, 8, (10), 39618-39623, 2016.
- Comparison of MLR, Isotonic Regression and KNN Based QSAR Models for the Prediction of Inhibitory Activity of HDAC6 Inhibitors; Sandhya V, Jhinuk Chatterjee, International Journal of Life Sciences Biotechnology and Pharma Research, 4(2), 2015.
- Prediction and Analysis of Surface Hydrophobic Residues in Tertiary Structure of Proteins; Shambhu M G, Jhinuk Chatterjee, Tanusree Chaudhuri, and Kusum Paul; Hindawi Publishing Corporation, The Scientific World Journal , Article ID 971258, 2014.
- Inhibition of NarL of Mycobacterium tuberculosis: An in silico approach. Shivakumar K V, Prashantha Karunakar, Jhinuk Chatterjee,. Interdiscip Sci Comput Life Sci ,6: 1(8), 2014.
- Identification of Proapoptopic, Anti-Inflammatory, Anti-Proliferative, Anti-Invasive and Anti-Angiogenic Targets of Essential Oils in Cardamom by Dual Reverse Virtual Screening and Binding Pose Analysis; Biplab Bhattacharjee, Jhinuk Chatterjee;Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 14 (6), 3735-3742;2013.
- Comparative Reverse Screening Approach to Identify Potential Anti-neoplastic Targets of Saffron Functional Components and Binding Mode ;Biplab Bhattacharjee, Sandhya Vijayasarathy, Prashantha Karunakar, Jhinuk Chatterjee; Asian Pacific J Cancer Prev, 13 (11), 5605-5611;2012.
- Mapping of natural compounds on drug target network of Alzheimer’s disease – A Network Pharmacology approach. Jhinuk Chatterjee, Biplab Bhattacharjee, Ruby Mitruka, V Krishna Murthy, Usha Talambedu, Sanghita Banerjee, Arpitha BM, Sandhya V; International Journal of Computational Intelligence and Healthcare Informatics, 4(1),17-22;2012.
- Structural basis for the function of anti-idiotypic antibody in immune memory .J. Vani, , Jhinuk Chatterjee, M.S. Shaila, R. Nayak, and Nagasuma R. Chandra; Molecular Immunology, 46 ,1250–1255;2009.