Dr. Veena S
Dr. Veena S is the Chairperson, Department of Computer Application at PES University, Bengaluru. She completed her MCA degree from Malnad College of Engineering, University of Mysore and M.Tech. degree from AAIDU, Allahabad. She holds a Ph.D in the area of Software Defined Networks from Visveswaraya Technological University. She has 26 years of teaching experience and 14 years of research experience. In her long teaching career, she has taught many different courses like Computer Networks, Advanced Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, Discrete Mathematical Structures, C, C++, Database Management Systems, Data Structures, Analysis and Design of Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence etc. at undergraduate, graduate, post graduate levels. She has published seven research papers in National and International Conferences and Journals. She has also worked as Co-investigator in two funded research projects from Industry. She has been involved in training employees from IBM, Wipro and also invited as keynote speaker in several Hands-on workshops in Computer Networking. Dr. Veena has completed CCNA Exploration Certification course and involved in training students for CCNA certification. She has guided several student projects and research activities at undergraduate and post graduate levels. Her areas of interest includes Software Defined Networks, IPv6, Network Security, Sensor Networks and study of algorithms.
|Qualification||Institution||Year||B.Sc (PCM)||AVK College for women, University of Mysore||1988||MCA||Malnad College of Engineering, University of Mysore||1991||M.Tech||AAIDU , Alhabad||2006||Ph. D||Visveswaraya Technological University||2017|
- 1. Associate Life member of CSI
- 2. life member of ISTE
- • Received a grant of 3, 27,000/-(with ISE Dept) from Pluribus Networks, CA, USA for the project titled “Study and Implementation of Openflow Protocol”, during 2012.
- • Received a grant of 6,00,,000/-(with ISE Dept) from Huawei India Pvt. Ltd. for the project titled “Software Defined Networks and Cross Stratum Optimization”, during 2013.
- Chairperson, Department of Computer Applications, PES University
- PES University - BoS Member
- DSCE - BoS member (VTU Nominee)
- MSRIT - BoS Member
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- List of subjects handled at undergraduate and postgraduate levels: Computer Networks, Advanced Computer Networks, Mobile Computing, Network Programming, Internet Network Illustrated, Discrete Mathematical Structures, Programming in C, Programming in C++, Database Management Systems, Data Structures, Analysis and Design of Algorithms, Artificial Intelligence , Computer Graphics, Mathematical Foundations for Computer Applications
- Software Defined Networks
- Performance Analysis in Network communications
- Sensor Networks
- Network Security
- IPv4 and IPv6 Addressing and Routing
- Study of Algorithms
- Network Automation
- Internet of Things
- • Veena S, Ram P. Rustagi, K.N.B.Murthy, Ravi Teja Bobba, “Cross Stratum Optimization Algorithms for Network and Application Resources”, ANTS 2014, 8th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems , Proceedings of ANTS 2014, pp 1-6, Dec. 2014.
- • Vijay Teja, Karishma Sureka, Sai Gopal, Ram P. Rustagi, Veena S, “Reduction of Laye-2 Traffic in SDN based Data Centers”, CCEM 2014, Poster Paper in IEEE International Conference CCEM 2014, 16th – 17th Oct 2014.
- • Veena S, Ram P. Rustagi, K.N.B.Murthy, “Network Management and Performance Monitoring using Software Defined Networks”, ADCOM 2014, 20th annual International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications, Proceedings of ADCOM 2014, pp 29-31, Sep. 2014.
- • Veena S, Chandan Pal, Ram P. Rustagi, K.N.B.Murthy, “Implementation of Simplified Custom Topology Framework in Mininet”, APCASE 2014, Asia-Pacific Conference on Computer Aided System Engineering, Proceedings of APCASE 2014, ISBN 978-0-9924518, pp 0-6, Feb, 2014.
- • Veena S, Ram P. Rustagi, K.N.B.Murthy, “Application of SDN in Network Management and Performance Monitoring using Software Defined Networks”, ADCOM 2012, Poster Paper in18th annual International Conference on Advanced Computing and Communications, 14th – 16th, Dec 2012.
- • Veena S, K.N.B.Murthy, “ Conservation of Energy in Wireless Sensor Networks”, Second National Conference on Recent Trends in Network Security and Cryptography, 22nd – 23rd , Dec 2010.
- • Veena S, Dr. C.V.Srikrishna, “Time Complexities in Topological Ordering”, Two-day National Seminar on Discrete Structures and Computer Applications, Jan 18th- 19th 2007.
- • Veena S, Chandan Pal, Ram P. Rustagi, K.N.B.Murthy, “A Framework for Implementing Realistic Custom Network Topology in Mininet”, in the International Journal of Science and Research (IJSR)}, vol.3, issue 7, ISSN(online):2319-7064, pp 1316 – 1323, July 2014.