Prof. Suresh A S
Mr. Suresh A.S is currently working as Assistant Professor of Finance at PES University, has over 12 years’ experience in research and teaching finance subjects like Investment Management, Derivatives, Advanced Financial Management, Tax Management. He has MBA (Finance) with FCD, from Visvesvaraya Technological University. He was the class topper in MBA and B.Com. He has published more than twenty five research papers in both national and international Journals. He has conducted workshops on Derivatives, Excel and Investment Management. He has presented research paper in various national and international conferences. He has successfully completed the Yoga Instructor course at Swami Vivekananda Yoga Anusandhana Samstahna in 2011 and is a regular practitioner of Yoga.
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D||University of Mysore||Pursuing||MBA (Finance)||Visvesvaraya Institute of Technology (VTU)||2006 - 2008||B.Com (Finance)||Bangalore University||2003 - 2006||NSE Certified Derivatives Pro certification||NSE Certified Market Professional (NCMP)||– Level 1 certification||NSE Certified Market Professional (NCMP)||– Level 2 certification|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Assistant Professor||PES University||2016||Assistant Professor||Krupanidhi School of Management||2015||2016||Assistant Professor||PES School of Engineering||2008||2013|
Awards / Achievement
- He has completed B.Com from Bangalore University with distinction and was the college topper during his study.
- Received Best Student of the year award and Best Outgoing Student award in B.Com
- Has cleared NCFM – Equity Derivatives: A Beginner’s Module with 89%
- Has cleared NCFM – Options Trading Strategies Module with 87.5%
- Has cleared NCFM – Derivatives Market (Dealer) Module with 73.5%
- Has cleared NCFM – Fundamental Analysis Module with 88.75%
- Has cleared NCFM – Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management with 86.5%
- Has cleared NCFM – Mutual Funds Beginners Module with 74%
- He has received NCMP – Level 1 and Level 2 certification from NSE
- Teaching: 12 years
- Class Teacher for the entire 3rd Semester
- Test Coordinator for 3rd Semester MBA
- FAM Coordinator for 1st Semester MBA
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Accounting for Managers
- Financial Management
- Advanced Financial Management
- Investment Management
- Tax Management
- International Taxation
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Derivatives - Option Trading Strategies
- Investment Management
Research projects (current)
- Bowman's Risk-Return Paradox on Nifty 100 Stocks
- Presently guiding 5 students
- “SCM Initiatives: The way of Information Technology”, Organized by IFIM, Bangalore International
- “Creating Value for Organization through Corporate Restructuring” Organized by Technocrats Institute of Technology, Bhopal National
- “Image building in Cooperatives” Organized by Technocrats Institute of Technology, Bhopal National
- A Study on Impact of Monetary Policy on the Indian Economy Organized by PES Institute of Technology National
- “A Study on Leveraged Buyout’s – Opportunities & Challenges” Organized by Shirdi Sai Engineering College, Anekal, Bangalore. National
- Mergers and Acquisitions – Does it really Create Value Organized by BMS College of Engineering, Bangalore International
- Joint Venture and Strategic Alliance – An Ideal Gateway to enter into a New Market Organized by Krupanidhi School of Management, Bangalore National
- Initial Performance of IPO’s against Nifty, BSE-Sensex and IPO Index 8. Initial Performance of IPO’s against Nifty, BSE-Sensex and IPO Index ISBR Business School, Bangalore International ISBR Business School, Bangalore International
- Suresh A S, (2011). "Creating Value for Organization through Corporate Restructuring", Journal of Business Analysis, Annual Journal of Technocrats Institute Technology - MBA, Bhopal, Vol. - 1, April - 2011, pg. no. 8 - 14.
- Suresh A S, (2012). "IPO's Performance & its relationship with QIB Subscription and Grade", International Journal of Research in Commerce & Management (IJRCM), Vol. - 3, Issue - 3, March 2012, Pg. no. 35 - 38. ISSN: 0976-2183
- Suresh A S, (2012), "A Study on Strategic Cost Management", Global Research Analysis, Vol. - 1, Issue - 3, August 2012, Pg. no. 59 - 61. ISSN: 2277 - 8160
- Suresh A S, (2012), "A Study on Application of Sensitivity Analysis Techniques in Capital Budgeting Decisions", Asia Pacific Journal of Management and Entrepreneurship Research, Vol. - 1, Issue - 2, September 2012, Pg. no. 210 - 234. ISSN: 2277 - 8098
- Suresh A S, (2012), "A Study on Assessing the Performance of Micro, Small and Medium Enterprises of Canara Bank", International Journal of Exclusive Management Research, Vol. - 2, Issue - 7, July 2012, Pg. no. 1 - 8. ISSN: 2249-2585 (online)
- Suresh A S, (2013), "A Study on Fundamental and Technical Analysis", International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research (IJMFSMR), Vol. - 2, Issue - 5, May 2013, Pg. No. 44 - 59. ISSN 2277-3622
- Suresh A S, (2013), "A Study on Leveraged Buy Outs - Opportunities and Challenges", Asia Pacific Journal of Research, Vol. - 3, Issue -10, October 2013, ISSN: 2320-5504
- Suresh A S, (2013), "Screening of capital expenditure proposals and Decision making", International Journal of Marketing, Financial Services & Management Research (IJMFSMR), Vol. - 2, Issue - 11, November 2013, ISSN: 2277-3622
- Suresh A S, (2014), "Joint Venture V/S Strategic Alliance - The Better Option", ACADEMICA - An International Multidisciplinary Research Journal, Vol. - 4, Issue -3, March 2014, Pg. no. 01 - 11. ISSN: 2249-7137
- Suresh A S, (2015), "A Study on Strap Option Combination Strategy", Journal of Business & Financial Affairs, Vol. - 3, Issue -3, February 2015. ISSN: 2167-0234
- Suresh A S, (2015), "Analysis of Option Combination Strategies", Management Insight Journal Bi-Annual Journal, Vol. - XI, Issue -1, June 2015. ISSN: 0973-936X.
- Suresh A S, (2015), "Applying Altman's Z Score Model for Financial Health Checkup", IPASJ - International Journal of Management (IIJM), Vol. - 3, Issue - 12, December 2015. ISSN: 2321-654X
- Suresh A S, (2016), "Optimal Portfolio Construction - An Empirical Study on Selected Mutual Funds", Arabian Journal of Business and Management Review, Vol. - 6, Issue -1, Jan 2016. ISSN: 2223-5833
- Suresh A S, (2016), "A Study to understand Elliott Wave Principle", International Journal of Engineering Research and General Science, Vol. - 4, Issue - 4, July - Aug 2016. ISSN: 2091-2730
- Suresh A S, (2016), "Future of Business Schools: A Study to Understand Indian Perspectives of Business Schools to Comprehend its Value Additions to Business Learners", International Journal of Modern Trends in Engineering and Research (IJMTER), Vol. - 3, Issue - 10, October - 2016. ISSN: 2349-9745
- Suresh A S, (2017), "A Study on Working Capital Management and Profitability Analysis of Selected Steel Companies in India", International Journal in Management and Social Science, Vol. - 5, Issue - 2, February - 2017. ISSN: 2321-1784
- Suresh A S, (2017), "A study on Awareness and Satisfaction level of Tax-payers towards E-Filing of Income Tax Returns", EPRA International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research (IJMR), Vol. - 3, Issue - 3, March - 2017. ISSN: 2455-3662
- Suresh A S, (2017), "Comparison of Returns and Risk Using Markowitz And Sharpe's Model", International Journal of Management and Commerce Innovations, Vol. - 5, Issue - 1, April - September - 2017. ISSN: 2348-7585
- Suresh A S, (2018), "Study on Comparison of Risk-Return Analysis of Public and Private Sector Banks listed on Bank Nifty", Journal of Business Management and Economic Research, Vol. - 2, Issue - 1, April - 2018
- Suresh A S, (2018), "INITIAL PERFORMANCE OF IPO'S AGAINST NIFTY, BSE-SENSEX & IPO INDEX", ISBR Management Journal, Volume 3, Issue 1, May 2018
- Suresh A S, (2018), " Equity Analysis of Selected Logistics Sectors Stocks", Asian Journal of Management, Volume 9, Issue 4, Dec 2018
- Suresh A S, (2019), "Risk-Return Analysis of Selected Media and Entertainment Sectors Stocks", Journal of Emerging Technologies and Innovative Research (JETIR), Volume 6, Issue 4, April 2019
- Suresh A S, (2019), "Trade-Off between Risk and Return of Selected Midcap stocks", International Journal of Latest Engineering Research and Applications (IJLERA), Volume 4, Issue 11, November 2019.
- Co-ordinated a one day workshop on “INTERNATIONAL FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT” on 21.03.2009 with a total participation of 30 candidates
- Organized one day workshop on “EXCEL FOR SUMMER PROJECT AND RESEARCH WORK” on 28.09.2012 for third semester Management students
- Organized students presentation on “BILANCIAO – 2015, Financial Budget Review” on 05.03.2015 for Management students at Dayananda Sagar Institutions
- Organized a seminar on “NEGOCIAR – One Market Infinite Possibilities”, online trading and investment opportunities on 24.03.2015 with a total participation of 50 Management students from various colleges at Dayanada Sagar Institutions.
- Organized and conducted (Volunteered as a resource person) one day workshop on “OPTIONS TRADING STRATEGIES” on 15.05.2015 for fourth semester Management students with a total participation of 30 students at Dayanada Sagar Institutions.
- Conducted (as a resource person) one day workshop on “EXCEL FOR FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT” on 14.12.2015 for Management students with a total participant of 30 at Krupanidhi School of Management.
- Conducted Awareness Programme on “Various Ways to Save and Reduce Tax” on 27.02.2018 for Faculty Members of PESIT – Bangalore South Campus.