Mr. Soma S Dhavala
- Built and deployed large scale scientific applications Gained first hand experience in architecting large scale, data-first, microservices platforms Applied platform thinking to developing tools and best practices to democratizing AI Hands-on with various computational frameworks Handled both Product and Consulting Services portfolios Contributed to open source software
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Taught undergraduate courses in Statistics
- Mentored senior graduate, Ph.D students, and post-docs Designed and conducted bootcamps for fresh graduates in Industry
- Advised Data Science teams
- Machine Learning As Infrastructure
- Deep Learning
- Semantic Computing
- Social Network Analysis
- Dependence modeling
- Copulas & Quantiles
- Nonparametric regression
- Bayesian Modeling
- Markov-Chain Monte Carlo (MCMC)
- Bayesian Modeling
- Approximate Bayesian Computing
- Parallel & Distributed Computing
- Discission of “Bayesian models for sparse regression analysis of high dimensional data by Sylvia Richardson, Leonordo Bottolo, Jeffrey Rosenthal”, Soma Dhavala, Rajesh Talluri, Bani K. Mallick, Faming Liang, Mingqi Wu, Bayesian Statistics, Vol 9, Proceedings of Ninth Valencia International Conference on Bayesian Statistics, Oxford University Press, pp. 539-568, 2011. ISBN 978-0-19-969458-7
- Bayesian Model-based Principal Component Analysis, Bani K. Mallick, Shubhankar Ray, and Soma Dhavala, Frontiers of Statistical Decision Making and Bayesian Analysis, in Honor of James. O. Berger, eds. Ming-Hui Chen, Dipak K. Dey, Peter Mueller, Dongchu Sun, and Keying Ye, Springer, New York, 2010, ISBN 978-1-4419-6943-9.
- A Methodology to Design Heuristics for Model Selection Based on Characteristics of Data: Application to Investigate When the Negative Binomial Lindley (NB-L) is Preferred Over the Negative Binomial (NB), Shirazi, M., S.S. Dhavala, D. Lord, and S.R. Geedipally, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 107, pp. 186-194, 2017
- A Semiparametric Negative Binomial Generalized Linear Model for Modeling Over Dispersed Count Data with a Heavy Tail: Characteristics and Applications to Crash Data'' Mohammad A. Shirazi, Soma S. Dhavala, Sreenivas Geedipally, Lord Dominique, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol 91, pp. 10-18, 2016.
- Emulation of Numerical Models with Over-specified Basis Functions, A. Chakraborty, D. Bingham, S. S. Dhavala, C. C. Kuranz, R. P. Drake, M. J. Grosskopf, E. Rutter, B. R. Torralva, J. P. Holloway, R. G. McClarren and B. K. Mallick, Technometrics, Vol. 59, No. 2, pp. 153-163, 2016.
- A caution about using the Deviance Information Criterion while modeling traffic crashes, Sreenivas Geedipally, Lord Dominique, Soma S. Dhavala, Safety Science, Vol. 62, pp. 495–498 2014
- Bayesian object classification of gold nanoparticles, Bledar A. Konomi, Soma S. Dhavala, Jianhua Huang, Subrata Kundu, David Huitink, Hong Liang, Yu Ding, Bani K. Mallick, Annals of Applied Statistics, April, 7(2) pp. 640-668, 2013
- Evaluation of Corn Hybrids Expressing Cry1F, Cry1A.105, Cry2Ab2, Cry34Ab1/Cry35Ab1, and Cry3Bb1 Against Southern United States Insect Pests, Melissa W. Siebert, Steve Nolting, Soma S. Dhavala, William Henrix, Craig Chism, Scott D. Stewart, John N All, Fred Musser, David Buntin, Samuel Luke, Journal of Economic Entomology, Vol. 32, No.5, pp. 1825-35, 2012.
- The Negative-Binomial-Generalized-Lindley Model: Characteristics and Application using Crash Data, Sreenivas Geedipally, Lord Dominique, Soma S. Dhavala, Accident Analysis and Prevention, Vol. 45, No.2, pp. 258-265, 2011
- Characterizing the Performance of the Conway-Maxwell Poisson Generalized Linear Model, Royce A. Francis, Srinivas Reddy Geediapply, Seth D. Guikema, Soma S. Dhavala, Dominique Lord, Sara LaRocca, Risk Analysis, Vol. 32, No.1, pp. 167-183, 2011
- The Salmonella enterica serotype Typhi Vi capsular antigen is expressed after entering the ileal mucosa, Quynh T. Tran, Gabriel Gomez, Sangeeta Khare, Sara D. Lawhon, Manuela Raffatellu, Andreas J. Baumler, Dharani Ajithdoss, Soma S. Dhavala, and L. Garry Adams, Infection & Immunity, Vol. 78, No.1, pp. 527-535, 2010
- Bayesian Modeling of MPSS data: Gene Expression Analysis of Bovine Salmonella infection, Soma S. Dhavala, Bani K. Mallick, Sangeeta Khare, Sara Lawhon, Raymond J. Carroll and, L. G. Adams, Journal of the American Statistical Association, Vol. 105, No. 491, pp. 956-967, 2010