Prof. Harshitha Moulya
Having graduated with M.B.A. from Central University of Karnataka (CUK), Kalburgi, in 2013 and qualified UGC NET-JRF/SRF in 2012, I completed a Ph.D. (thesis submitted) from Mangalore University, Karnataka. I have 1 year of teaching experience and 4.5 years of full-time research experience to my credit along with three paper publications and conference presentations in international conferences including PAN IIM (IIM Ahmedabad), ICFMCF (IIT Madras), ISDSI (IIM Trichy& SPJIMR, Mumbai).
|Qualification||Institution||Year||(Ph.D.)||Mangalore University, Mangalagangothri, Karnataka||Master of Business Administration (MBA)||Central University of Karnataka, Kalburgi, Karnataka||2011-2013||Bachelor of Business Management (BBM)||Tumkur University, Tumkuru, Karnataka||2009-2011|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Guest Lecturer||Tumkur University, Tumakuru, Karnataka||2013||2014|
Awards / Achievement
- UGC NET-JRF/ SRF
- Internship mentor
- Faculty Advisor and Mentor (FAM)
- Invited Lecturer, “Stock Trading in India: A walkthrough”, Dept. of Management, P.A. College of Engineering, Mangalore, September 21, 2018.
- Invited Lecturer, “Literature Review Techniques and Bibliometric”, Dept. of Business Administration (PhD Coursework 2018), Mangalore University, Mangalore, October 20, 2018.
- Invited Speaker, “Banking and Inclusion”, Dept. of Tourism Management, Mangalore University, Mangalore, January 1, 2018.
- Invited Speaker, “Research Avenues in Banking and Finance”, Centre for Post-Graduate Studies and Research in Commerce, St. Agnes College, Mangalore, April 2, 2018.
- Moderator and Session Chair, Congruence-2018 - International Conference on “Global Management Myopia”, Centre for Post-graduate Studies and Research in Commerce, St. Agnes College, Mangalore, January 8-9, 2018.
- Moderator and Session Chair, International conference on “Business Resilience in Turbulent Global Markets”, PG Department of Commerce, St. Agnes College, Mangalore, September 24-25, 2018.
- Convenor, UDAAN-2014 – Inter-departmental Commerce and Management Fest, Tumkur University, Tumkur, February 19th, 2014.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Quantitative Methods
- International Financial Management
- Managerial Economics
- Stock Market Anomalies
- Behavioural Finance
- Market Microstructure
Research projects (current)
- Analysts’ recommendations and stock market behaviour
- Risk management and options trading strategies for currencies
- Dividend anomalies
- Dr T. Mallikarjunappa (Retired Professor), Dept. of Business Administration, Mangalore University, Managalagangothri, Karnataka 574199
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2019), “Are analysts biased in issuing stock recommendations?”, in the 5th International Conference on ‘A Decade of Global Financial Crisis: Antecedents, Aftermath and the Challenges Ahead’, organized by the Post Graduate Department of Business Administration, St. Aloysius Institute of Management and Information Technology (AIMIT), Mangalore, on 9th April.
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2018), “Analyst recommendation behavior and the market reaction of Indian firms”, at 12th Annual ISDSI conference on the theme ‘Data-Driven Decision Making in the Digital Age’, organized by SPJIMR, Mumbai, on December 27-30.
- V. Harshitha Moulya, Abuzar Mohammadi and T. Mallikarjunappa (2018), “Microstructure of Currency Derivatives: A Study on Intraday volatility and Bid-Ask volatility using High-Frequency Data”, at 12th Annual ISDSI conference on the theme ‘Data-Driven Decision Making in the Digital Age’, organized by SPJIMR, Mumbai, on December 27-30.
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2018), “Analyst Forecast of Earnings, Behavior and Market Sustainability: Evidence from Indian Stock Market”, at the 1st International Conference on Commerce and Pharma Management, School of Management and Business, Manipal University (MAHE), Manipal, on September 27-28.
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2016), “The Role of E/P ratio, Size and Value Factors in the estimation of Equity Premium – A Study using NSE 500 companies”, at the 4th PAN-IIM World Management Conference with the theme ‘India: Towards Better Governance’, The Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad (IIMA), Ahmedabad, December 13-15.
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2016), “Estimation of Indian Equity Premium using Accounting Fundamentals: A Comparative Study of Prediction of Linear and Non-Linear Models”, at the ‘International Conference on Financial Markets and Corporate Finance (ICFMCF)’, Department of Management Studies (DoMS), The Indian Institute of Technology Madras (IITM), Chennai, TamilNadu, India, on August 12-13.
- V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2016), “Market Anomalies and Behavioural Responses: A Study with respect to Indian Stock Market”, at the 9th Doctoral Thesis Conference, IBS Hyderabad in collaboration with IGIDF, Mumbai, India, on April 21-22.
- 1) V. Harshitha Moulya, Abuzar Mohammadi, T. Mallikarjunappa (2019), “An evaluation of pairs trading strategy: A study of global currencies”, Pacific Business Review International, Volume 11, Issue 10 (April, 2019) (ISSN 0974 438X)
- 2) V. Harshitha Moulya, Abuzar Mohammadi, T. Mallikarjunappa (2019), “Optimal vs 1/N diversification and Portfolio Evaluation: A study on Indian Stock Market”, Asian Journal of Management, Vol – 10, No. 3 (July-September 2019), ISSN 0976-495X (Print), 2321-5763 (online)
- 3) V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2019), “Do dividends and earnings ratios explain the excess equity premium? A study of the Indian stock market”, Pacific Business Review International, Volume 11, Issue 12 (June, 2019) (ISSN 0974 438X)
- 4) V. Harshitha Moulya and T. Mallikarjunappa (2016), “Volatility of CNX Energy Index and its impact on Indian Economy”, St. Aloysius Journal of Management, vol-4, Issue-4, pp. 27-34, ISSN No. 2321-8797 (print)