Dr. Kaustav Bhowmick
Dr. Kaustav Bhowmick specializes in the field of Photonic devices, Photonic materials and optical technology. Post-PhD (University of Nottingham, UK, 2013), he has worked as Assistant Professor, in National Institute of Technology, Sikkim (2013-2015) and Amrita School of Engineering, Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham Deemed University, Bengaluru (2016-2019). During the said period, Dr. Bhowmick has been instrumental in setting up Photonics research laboratory, MoUs with national and international universities, supervising UG, PG and PhD students, and publishing research in national and international journals and conferences. His project students have been recruited in well-known international and national universities and in companies like Bosch. Dr. Bhowmick has done research with some well-known names in Photonics, both in India and abroad. Currently, in PES University, his target is to drive research in Photonic and related quantum technologies, preferably in a interdisciplinary manner. Website: https://sites.google.com/view/drbhowmickphotonics
Electronics & Communications
|Qualification||Institution||Year||PhD||University of Nottingham||2013|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Assistant Professor||Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham Deemed University||2015||2019||Assistant Professor(ad hoc)||NIT Sikkim||2013||2015|
Awards / Achievement
- 1> British Council Nottingham Joint Chevening Scholarship 2> University of Nottingham, High achievers PhD Research scholarship
- CEngg, Institution of Engineers
- MIE, Institution of Engineers
- I am an active researcher in the domain of Photonics and Optical materials and device design. He has worked with premier names in the field in UK, Germany and IISc India. I have been in the teaching profession since 2013, from National institute of Technology Sikkim to Amrita Vishwavidyapeetham, deemed university. I have established and run Photonics Research Laboratory at Amrita School of engineering, Bengaluru.
- My students have been accepted with scholarships at Universities with high ranks e.g. KTH Sweden abroad, and in IISc (India), etc. Some students have been absorbed in industry e.g., Bosch etc. My project student from 2018 batch (Amrita University) has secured all India rank 4 in National Talent Hunt contest. My students (UG and PG) have published regularly with me and I expect serious students from PES University to get involved in my research domain of Photonics and Quantum systems.
- Website: https://sites.google.com/view/drbhowmickphotonics
- VLSI Domain Head, PES ECE
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Optical communication
- Optical devices
- solid state devices
- Microwave engineering
- Estimation and Detection theory
- Glass photonics, Photonic Crystals, microresonators, Non-linear optics and sensors, optical metamaterials
- M Sreelakshmi, S Chakraborty, A Ravikumar, K Bhowmick, 2019, “Modified structural arrangement of InAs-based quantum dots and nanostructures for high efficiency multi-junction solar cells,”AIP conferences proceedings, 2166(1), 020010.
- Sandeep Dey, Kaustav Bhowmick, 2019,” “2-D Hollow Core Photonic crystal fiber-type absorption layer for enhancement of efficiency and broad response in multi-junction solar cells,” AIP conference proceedings, 2166(1), 02009.
- S. Chakraborthy, Kaustav Bhowmick, and Murty, N. S., 2019, “Saturation Optimization and Extrinsic Timing Analysis for Optically Controlled GFET,” Intl. Conf. on Communication and Electronic Systems (presented), Coimbatore, 2019.
- Chollangi A., Nikhil,, and Kaustav Bhowmick, “An Investigation of Transmission Properties of Double-Exponential Pulses in Core-Clad Optical Fibers for Communication Application”, in In: Kumar N., Venkatesha Prasad R. (eds). Ubiquitous Communications and Network Computing. UBICNET 2019., Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol. 276, Springer, Cham , 2019.
- P. Padmini, K. Bhowmick, S. Tripathi, “Identification of Correlation between Blood Relations Using Speech Signal,” IEEE-SPICES, 2017, Intl. Conference, Coimbatore, India, Aug. 2017.
- P. Padmini, K. Bhowmick, S. Tripathi, “Sensor Based Speech Production System without use of Glottis,” IEEE-ICACCI (ATDA), 2017, Intl. Conference, Manipal, India.
- Sathya Narayan R.R., Srinivasulu T, Chitrank Kaul, Arvind Narendran, Ashit Sharma, Jhilick Ghosh, Nabanita Acharjee, Kaustav Bhowmick, (2018) Dimensional Modification Induced Band Gap Tuning in 2D-Photonic Crystal for Advanced Communication and Other Application. In: Kumar N., Thakre A. (eds) Ubiquitous Communications and Network Computing. UBICNET 2017. Lecture Notes of the Institute for Computer Sciences, Social Informatics and Telecommunications Engineering, vol 218. Springer, Cham
- K. Bhowmick, “ANSYS for fiber-optics and novel photonic glass extrusion”, 9th ASEAN ANSYS Conference, Singapore, 2013 (non-scopus).
- K. Bhowmick, Benson, T. M., Boriskina, S. V., Kuhl, U., and Stöckmann, H. J., “Spectral Response and Emission Characteristics of Isolated and Clustered Micro-resonators”, PIERS 2008, Cambridge, USA., 2008. (PIERS scopus indexed from 2010)
- Tupakula Sreenivasulu, Kaustav Bhowmick, Shafeek Abdul Samad, Thamerassery Illam Rameswaran Yadunath, Tarimala Badrinarayana, Gopalkrishna M. Hegde, and Talabattula Srinivas, 2018, "Photonic crystal ring resonator-based four-channel dense wavelength division multiplexing demultiplexer on silicon on insulator platform: design and analysis," Optical Engineering 57(4), 046109. (I.F. present: 1.209)
- Bhowmick, K. , Furniss, D. , Morvan, H. P., Seddon, A. B. and Benson, T. M. (2016), Predictive, Miniature Co‐Extrusion of Multilayered Glass Fiber‐Optic Preforms. J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 99: 106-114. (I.F. present: 3.094)
- Bhowmick, K., Morvan, H. P., Furniss, D. , Seddon, A. B. and Benson, T. M. (2013), Co‐Extrusion of Multilayer Glass Fiber‐Optic Preforms: Prediction of Layer Dimensions in the Extrudate. J. Am. Ceram. Soc., 96: 118-124. (I.F. present: 3.094)