Dr. Arpita Thakre
Electronics & Communications
|Qualification||Institution||Year||B.Tech||Institute of Radiophysics & Electronics, Calcutta University||M.Tech||Institute of Radiophysics & Electronics, Calcutta University||Ph.D||Indian Institute of Technology Madras|
- IEEE Senior Member, ACM Member, IAAA Member.
- Reviewer for IEEE Transactions, IEEE Letters, IEEE conferences, PIMRC, VTC, CAMSAP, COMSWARE, ANTS, NCC.
- Conducted 4 editions of workshop on 5G & Future Wireless Technologies as part of IEEE conference ANTS 2016, ANTS 2017, ANTS 2018, & ANTS 2019.
- TPC Chair of EAI sponsored conference UBICNET 2017, UBICNET 2019, UBICNET 2020.
- Invited member of India Evaluation Group - IMT 2020.
- Speaking at Webinars - “Machine Learning in Wireless Communication” June 10, 2020.
- PI of SERB – TARE Project, Dec. 2018 - Nov. 2021.
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Optical Fiber Communication & Networking
- Machine Learning
- Deep Learning
- Graph Theory
- Stochastic Modeling & Queuing Theory
- 5G & Small Cells
- Adaptive Modulation & Coding
- Advanced Wireless Communication Technologies
- Stochastic Signal Processing
- Multicarrier Communication
- Coding Theory
- Cellular Communication & GSM Standard
- Data Structures & Algorithms
- Introduction to Communication Systems (SDR Lab based course)
- MIMO & Multicarrier Systems
- Wireless Communication
- Digital Communication
- Communication Theory
- Information Theory & Coding Technologies
- Digital Electronics
- Digital Signal Processing
- Antenna & Propagation
- Electronic Devices
- Mathematical Methods
- Electronic System Lab (IoT Lab using Arduino)
- Circuits & Communication Lab
- Digital Electronics Lab
- Machine Learning for Wireless Communication Systems & Networks
- Energy Efficient Next Generation Wireless System Design
- Network Information Theory
- Statistical Signal Processing
- Antenna Design
- “Power Allocation Schemes for Cognitive Radios”, IEEE Communication System Software and Middleware (COMSWARE), Jan. 2008, Arpita Guha, V. Ganapathy.
- “Enhanced Channel Estimation and Tracking Method for Uplink in Multiple Access Single Carrier Transmission Scheme”, National Conference on Communications (NCC), Feb. 2008, Arpita Guha, K. Giridhar.
- “Comparison of Model Order Selection Techniques For High-Resolution Parameter Estimation Algorithms”, Proc. 54th International Scientific Colloquium (IWK), (Ilmenau, Germany), Sept. 2009, J. P. C. L. da Costa, A. Thakre, F. Roemer, and M. Haardt.
- “2-D Normalized Frequency Estimation Using 4-way Tensor Processing”, 20th IEEE Symposium on Personal Indoor and Mobile Radio Communications (PIMRC), Sept. 2009, Arpita Thakre, K. Giridhar.
- “Single Snapshot R-D Unitary Tensor ESPRIT Using an Augmentation of the Tensor Order”, IEEE International Workshop on Computational Advances in Multi-Sensor Adaptive Processing (CAMSAP), Dec. 2009, Arpita Thakre, M. Haardt, K. Giridhar. (Invited Paper)
- “Improvement in Channel Estimation in LTE Downlink”, WWRF, April 2010, Arpita Thakre, K. Giridhar.
- “Reduced Complexity Detection of Under-determined Single Carrier Spatial Modulation Systems with Multiple Active Antennas”, IEEE International Conference on Advanced Networks and Telecommunications Systems (ANTS), Dec. 2017, R. Mohaneesh, Arpita Thakre.
- “Performance Improvement in Rayleigh Faded Channel using Deep Learning”, in IEEE ICACCI Sept., 2018, S. Ganesh, Sundar, S., and Arpita Thakre.
- “Filtered OFDM with Index Modulation”, in IEEE ICACCI Sept., 2018, L. Girish and Arpita Thakre.
- “Performance of Dual mode OFDM-IM using Reduced Complexity Receiving Technique”, in IEEE ICACCI Sept., 2018. K. Latha and Arpita Thakre.
- “Optimal Filter Choice for Filtered OFDM”, IEEE ICECA, June, 2019, Arpita Thakre.
- “LSTM Based Channel Prediction for SISO System”, IEEE ICCES, July, 2019, Madhubabu, Arpita Thakre.
- “Impact of Imperfect CSI on Downlink Sum-Rate of Two user mmWave NOMA”, IEEE ICCES, July, 2019, S. Sumathi, Arpita Thakre.
- “Constellation Design for Dual-Mode OFDM-IM.”, IEEE ICCMC, March, 2020, Shilpa S., Latha, Arpita Thakre.
- “Symbol Detection in presence of Symbol Timing Offset using Machine Learning Technique”, Sathwic S, Saradeep M, Arpita Thakre. (submitted)
- “Dual Mode OFDM-IM with Multiple Choice of Constellations”, AK Gandharva, JCHL Ramoji, KP Akshay, Arpita Thakre. (submitted)
- “Cross Polarization Reduction of Planar Array by Defected Ground Structure”, Rajalakshmy G, Arpita Thakre. (submitted)
- “Cross Polarization Reduction of Line fed Circular Microstrip by Defected Ground Structure”, Rajalakshmy G, Arpita Thakre. (submitted)
- “Single Snapshot Spatial Smoothing With Improved Effective Array Aperture”, IEEE Signal Processing Letters, Vol. 16, No. 6, June 2009, Arpita Thakre, M. Haardt, K. Giridhar.
- “Tensor-Based Spatial Smoothing (TB-SS) Using Multiple Snapshots”, IEEE Transactions on Signal Processing, May, 2010, Arpita Thakre, M. Haardt, F. Roemer, K. Giridhar.
- “Comparison of Spectral Efficiency Maximization vs. Power Minimization in Downlink mm-wave Non-Orthogonal Multiple Access”, Sumathi S., Arpita Thakre. (submitted)
- “Symbol-duration Extended Interleaved FDMA as Uplink Multiple Access Technique for IEEE 802.16m”, submission to IEEE 802.16m standards #53 meeting.