Dr. Adithya Balasubramanyam
Dr. Adithya Balasubramanyam holds a full-time Ph.D. degree from Chung-Ang University, South Korea in the area of Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality. His interests are in the area of HCI, Human Motion Analysis, and Eye-tracking, and Robotics. He has thought computer science engineering to undergrad students for 3 years at Jyothy Institute of Technology, Bangalore. He has more than 3+ years of industrial experience and has been rendering technical consultation as a freelancer for more than 5 years now. Currently, he is associated with the ISFCR and IoT research center at PESU. During his tenure in Schneider Electric as a Software Engineer, he has been recognized for his contribution to improvement in the performance and design of Schneider’s products. He is also a co-founder of Education Informal – School Visits which works in the area of education in order to “inculcate scientific temperament amongst economically underprivileged students”.
|Qualification||Institution||Year||Ph.D (Full Time) in Computer Graphics and Virtual Reality||Chung Ang University||2017 – 2021||M.Tech In Computer Science and Engineering||SIT, Tumakuru||2011 - 2013||BE, Computer Science and Engineering,||VTU|
|Designation||Institution||From||To||Assitant Professor, Dept of CSE||Jyothy Institute of Technology||2014||2017||Freelance Software Development||2013||2014||Associate Software Engineer||APC by Schneider Electric||2008||2011|
- Research: Associated with ISFCR and IoT research center in PESU
- Human Motion analysis and physical reconstruction (Robotics)
Expertise / list of subjects handled
- Software Engineering with Object Oriented Analysis and Design
- Human Computer Interactions, Mimicking human body movements in virtual and physical space, Computer Graphics, Virtual Reality, Robotics
- Adithya, B., and B. Sathish Babu. ”Capacity and service (CapServ) adaptive trust computation by territoryformation in ubiquitous environment.” International Journal of Advanced Pervasive and Ubiquitous Computing (IJAPUC) 4, no. 4 : 718.2012.
- Talgeri, Abhinav, Abheesh Kumar, and B. Adithya. ”Domotics–A Cost Effective Smart Home Automation System Using Wifi as Network Infrastructure.” International Journal of Engineering Research & Applications 4, no.8.2014.
- B. N., Pavan K.; B.,Adithya; B., Chethana; Patil, Ashok K.; Chai, Young H. 2018. ”Gaze-Controlled VirtualRetrofitting of UAV-Scanned Point Cloud Data.” Symmetry 10, no. 12: 674.2018
- Adithya, B., BN Pavan Kumar, Hanna Lee, Ji Yeon Kim, Jae Cheol Moon, and Young Ho Chai. ”An experimental study on relationship between foveal range and FoV of a human eye using eye tracking devices.” 2018 International Conference on Electronics, Information, and Communication (ICEIC), pp. 1-5. IEEE,2018
- Adithya, B., Lee Hanna, and Youngho Chai. ”Calibration techniques and gaze accuracy estimation in pupillabs eye tracker.” TECHART: Journal of Arts and Imaging Science 5, no. 1: 38-41.2018
- Patil, Ashok Kumar, Seong Hun Kim,Adithya Balasubramanyam, Jae Yeong Ryu, and Young Ho Chai. ”Pilotexperiment of a 2D trajectory representation of quaternion-based 3D gesture tracking.” In Proceedings of the ACM SIGCHI Symposium on Engineering Interactive Computing Systems, pp. 1-7.2019
- Chethana,B.Adithya, B.etal. (2019). “Retrofitting with Gesture Interaction and All-in-One Visualization in HMD”. in: TECHART: Journal of Arts and Imaging Science 6.2, pp.49–54,2019.
- Balasubramanyam,Adithyaetal.(2019).“Interact ive Virtual Retrofitting of 3DChiller Models to Optimize Energy Consumption: A 4-in-1 Alignment Use Case”. In: TECHART: Journal of Art sand Imaging Science 6.2, pp.43–48,2019.
- B., Adithya; B. N., Pavan K.; Chai, Young H.; Patil, Ashok K. 2019. ”Inspired by Human Eye: Vestibular OcularReflex Based Gimbal Camera Movement to Minimize Viewpoint Changes.” Symmetry 11, no. 1: 101,2019
- Kim, Seonghun,Adithya Balasubramanyam, Dubeom Kim, Young Ho Chai, and Ashok Kumar Patil. ”Joint-Sphere: Intuitive and Detailed Human Joint Motion Representation.” EuroVis 2020 - Short Papers, The Euro-graphics Association, doi:10.2312/evs.20201065,2020
- Kim, Dubeom, Bharatesh Chakravarthi, Seong Hun Kim,Adithya Balasubramanyam, Young Ho Chai, andAshok Kumar Patil. ”MotionNote: A Novel Human Pose Representation.” In 2020 IEEE Conference on VirtualReality and 3D User Interfaces Abstracts and Workshops (VRW), pp. 697-698. IEEE,2020
- B. N., Pavan K.;Balasubramanyam, Adithya; Patil, Ashok K.; B., Chethana; Chai, Young H. 2020. ”GazeGuide:An Eye-Gaze-Guided Active Immersive UAV Camera.” Appl. Sci. 10, no. 5: 1668,2020
- Patil, Ashok K.;Balasubramanyam, Adithya; Ryu, Jae Y.; B N, Pavan K.; Chakravarthi, Bharatesh; Chai, YoungH. 2020. ”Fusion of Multiple Lidars and Inertial Sensors for the Real-Time Pose Tracking of Human Motion.” Sensors 20, no. 18: 5342,2020
- Balasubramanyam, Adithya; Patil, Ashok K.; Chakravarthi, Bharatesh; Ryu, Jae Y.; Chai, Young H. 2020.”Motion-Sphere: Visual Representation of the Subtle Motion of Human Joints.” Appl. Sci. 10, no. 18: 6462,2020